Olive

Tuesday numbers: Cap3 - 13.7M(Gitesh)

So if it goes over 300 on Sunday, TJB should pass 300 this weekend as well giving Disney 3, 300MM films in one week all in the top 10. 

Just looking at the numbers I realized Disney has already grossed over 3B WW so far this year.

The 4 movies they have released so far in 2016 - CA:CW, TJB, Zoo, TFH have grossed 2.5B as of Sunday. TFA grossed over 600MM WW after Dec 31, so that pushes Disney over 3B in WW grosses so far without even counting any of the little additional holdover money.

• Like 2

Not too surprised by this. The movie opened to our equivalent of 101.5M over the weekend, and I went to see it yesterday and the 2D show at least was crazy busy. Talked to our GM after getting out and he said he was talking to a few other GM's and all around our zone the movie was seeing a very good Tuesday bump despite a very slow Sunday/Monday. Said he hopes it counteracts a lack of strong openers next weekend.

So with $300m on the table come Sunday estimates for weekend #2 on CA:CW, how long till it passes BvS domestic number?

It'll need that third weekend most likely I think. Dailies should stay strong as Universities finish up with exams though but not enough to allow it to pass BvS before the third weekend. 

55 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It's not drop that hard.

77m would be a 57% drop. Even WS dropped 56.6% despite less front-loaded previews and smaller numbers. 57% would inf act be a great drop. imo the high end. ~59% being the low-end with 73m. 75m mid-case scenario..

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1