Olive

Tuesday numbers: Cap3 - 13.7M(Gitesh)

37 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This should out gross BvS by next Friday. 

God, you're boring.

I'm glad that this seems to be beating IM3 and AoU. Both are great movies but this one is just better, so I hope it ends up grossing more than both. Shame 500m seems to be dead, this would be a good movie to reach that.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, The Jungle Book is now teetering at the $300M mark and is still in the No. 2 position at the box office after four weeks in release. The Jon Favreau-directed reboot of an old Disney (and Rudyard Kipling) classic has grossed a total of $291.2M as of last night.

About 2.1M for TJB

• Like 8

Great number. I thought it would drop around 3%, and it ended up gaining such instead. 

If it follows Ultron's drops and jumps exactly from now, that means 81mil second weekend and 307mil by Sunday. 

81mil still sounds best case to me, but it's certainly possible if the movie keeps up with the current pace.

Comfortably over 300mil by Sunday is good I think, closing in on the gap with Ultron.  

• Like 2

80m would be down 48% from OW-previews (154.1).

TA dropped 45.4% in the 2nd weekend (103.05) from OW-previews (188.74) as a non-sequel and less front-loading.
IM1 dropped 48% (98.6=>51.2) in 2008 from OW which did not have previews as 3.5m Thu was not included in OW that time.

So to expect CW to do 80m i.e. down 48% from OW-previews is setting up yourself for a last weekend like "disappointment" due to very high expectations.

A great weekend, down 57-59% / 73-77m will look less so because of O/U 80m talk.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

80m would be down 48% from OW-previews (154.1).

TA dropped 45.4% in the 2nd weekend (103.05) from OW-previews (188.74) as a non-sequel and less front-loading.
IM1 dropped 48% (98.6=>51.2) in 2008 from OW which did not have previews as 3.5m Thu was not included in OW that time.

So to expect CW to do 80m i.e. down 48% from OW-previews is setting up yourself for a last weekend like "disappointment" due to very high expectations.

A great weekend, down 57-59% / 73-77m will look less so because of O/U 80m talk.

People are predicting 80M+ 2 weekend based on its weekdays not WOW drop. Its weekdays are better than AOU so far which has 77.7M second weekend

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Was expecting a small decrease so good number 

There's no 'but' to

follow? I feel like I should expect a 'but' from you :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Wed 9.5

Thu 8.75

Fri/2W 21/77

Why do you think it'll drop harsher on Wed than both Ultron and IM3 when its doing better 2 days in so far? And that took in consideration that Monday softer drop was slightly muted.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Whoa crazy good number. Even with a softer Monday fall, first Tuesday went up, even if only slight, but if memory serves, this is still better than AoU or IM3, which were practically flat (0.7%, 0.3% respectively)