Olive

Tuesday numbers: Cap3 - 13.7M(Gitesh)

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think legs will bebe good.

There is no film seeming to break out and memorial day openers look poor.

Angry Birds could break out. And X-Men should still do $220-260 million DOM. I do admit that Neighbors 2 and Alice 2 are wild-cards. 

40 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Wed 9.4

Thu 8.7

Fri/2W 21/77

Way too harsh for Wednesday. 35% drop?

Wed - 10.4 

Thurs - 9.8 

Fri - 23

Sat - 35

Sun - 24 

$82 million 2nd weekend ($308 million) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Has it already surpassed WS ww total?

It did after Monday I think. 724m up to Monday vs 714m total of CA2.

Civil War's Monday was 0.5% above Ultron.

CW's Tuesday, should the estimate hold, would be about 4% above Ultron.

Should Civil War keep the 4% lead its second weekend would be about $80.9m.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Well, I guess May is a fucking wasteland. Civil War should run roughshod.

Angry Birds and Neighbors 2 will take a chunk out of it. Reviews don't really matter that much. X-Men and Alice look to be a weak ass Memorial Day slate though.

Edited by moviesRus

So let's say 10.5 for today issuing standard 20% drop, and 10.2 for a standard Thursday drop. About 80+ million for the weekend!

I DONT see how it misses AOU with around 310 after this weekend.

Just now, FilmBuff said:

So let's say 10.5 for today issuing standard 20% drop, and 10.2 for a standard Thursday drop. About 80+ million for the weekend!

I DONT see how it misses AOU with around 310 after this weekend.

CW got pretty lucky that its main competition started dropping like flies with critics.

4 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Angry Birds and Neighbors 2 will take a chunk out of it. Reviews don't really matter that much. X-Men and Alice look to be a weak ass Memorial Day slate though.

Ultron faced both Mad Max and Pitch Perfect that weekend. I highly doubt Neighbours 2 and Angry Birds will do $115m+ combined.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Ultron faced both Mad Max and Pitch Perfect that weekend. I highly doubt Neighbours 2 and Angry Birds will do $115m+ combined.

Yep.   If Neighbors 2 follows the UK and Australia it's in for a big drop from the first - maybe a mid $20s opening.  AB I think will be in the 40s.  Even adding Nice Guys it doesn't come near the competition for B.O. $$ that AOU and had.  I think AB will also probably skew a lot younger.

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

This should out gross BvS by next Friday. 

If someone told me in the beginning of the year that there was a possibility that SIX Disney movies would out gross BvS this year, I would have called them nuts!  

Zoo,CA and JB are locks. Dory also. Rouge One I want to say is almost a lock (predicting 400m).  Moana is the wild card, but with great reviews and the Disney PR machine full steam ahead, it might be close!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

I think Angry Birds and Neighbors might combine for a 50-60m take that weekend.  That's weak competition

It's solid competition, it's just not huge competition.  It's much more than what BvS faced which goes to show sometimes it really isn't about the competition at all

7 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

If someone told me in the beginning of the year that there was a possibility that SIX Disney movies would out gross BvS this year, I would have called them nuts!

Zoo,CA and JB are locks. Dory also. Rouge One I want to say is almost a lock (predicting 400m).  Moana is the wild card, but with great reviews and the Disney PR machine full steam ahead, it might be close!

Rogue One is a lock. I was very impressed that it got the biggest ooohh's and ahh's during all the big blockbuster trailers before Civil War. It won't be anywhere near Ep 7, but compared to most other movies this year, it'll be gigantic.

• Like 8

Rouge One has a strong chance of passing BvS's total before the year ends even. It has two more days of December than TFA and even if it only does half the gross it could pass BvS by December 31st.

• Like 1