WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

49 minutes ago, Ohana said:

And before ppl here attack me: I'm only playing with your high standards that you set for BvS.

I am definitely on Team Disney/Marvel moreso than Team DC (though I do see all the DC movies, too), but I have no problem with BvS/DC fans crowing a bit about CACW's failure to be another "Avengers", hell even another "Ultron". You guys took TONS of grief around here - unfairly, IMO - over BvS failing to be another Dark Knight, so you deserve some payback.

Just goes to show how fickle this business is: I've been tracking box office since 1982, and yet I still get surprised. If three months ago someone had told me BvS would get beaten DOM and WW by Zootopia and that CACW would struggle to pass Deadpool DOM, I'd have asked them if they'd checked their meds recently. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's true, but it's also true that CACW isn't going to come close to the gaudy predictions made for it by many just 10 days ago. It probably won't reach $400m DOM, and it still might not beat Deadpool DOM.

Think about that: BvS and CACW have been released and Deadpool might still end up as the #1 comic book movie of the year? That's pretty astonishing, eh?

You said this yesterday too. It's IMPOSSIBLE that CW falls below DP.

It will be only 67m away from DP after a 2nd weekend of ~73m taking it to 296m.

Even BVS has added 68m after a 2nd weekend of 51m. Won't CW add 67m after a 2nd weekend of 73m? You think it will add less after the 2nd weekend than BVS after having a weekend that is 22m bigger?

BVS : 51m weekend. Added 68m more after that.

CA3 : 73m weekend. Needs to add 67m more to catch DP.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Will CW pass BvS? ofc it will
Does CW underpeforms? Way over some here are willing to admit
I remember a long discussion about how any result under 1.5B WW will be considered as a flop for CW
Ofc non will talk about it so their precious movie won't look bad.
So instead of using the word "disappointing" they are using "boring".
And before ppl here attack me: I'm only playing with your high standards that you set for BvS.

Unless its pulled from cinemas right now, it's going to make more than Deadpool domestically.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

You said this yesterday too. It's IMPOSSIBLE that CW falls below DP.

It will be only 67m away from DP after a 2nd weekend of ~73m taking it to 296m.

Even BVS has added 68m after a 2nd weekend of 51m. Won't CW add 67m after a 2nd weekend of 73m? You think it will add less than BVS after having a weekend that is 22m bigger?

Two weeks ago, I got called an idiot for predicting $170m OW by people who were predicting its OW would beat Jurassic World. I've seen many things called "impossible" around here that turned out to be true, or at least a lot closer to being true than what those who were saying "impossible" were predicting, so I say let's wait and see.

Let me ask you this: What do you think CACW's chances of beating Deadpool DOM are? Its chances of reaching 400m DOM?

Edited by SteveJaros

9 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's true, but it's also true that CACW isn't going to come close to the gaudy predictions made for it by many just 10 days ago. It probably won't reach $400m DOM, and it still might not beat Deadpool DOM.

Think about that: BvS and CACW have been released and Deadpool might still end up as the #1 DOM comic book movie of the year? That's pretty astonishing, eh?

Its going to easily pass Deadpool and is about 95% a lock for 400

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Two weeks ago, I got called an idiot for predicting $170m OW by people who were predicting its OW would beat Jurassic World. I've seen many things called "impossible" around here that turned out to be true, or at least a lot closer to being true than what those who were saying "impossible" were predicting, so I say let's wait and see.

Let me ask you this: What do you think CACW's chances of beating Deadpool DOM are? Its chances of reaching 400m DOM?

Its chances of reaching 400M are pretty good, as IM3/Ultron multipliers both give it 400M+, and since it's having a performance right inbetween both of those, it surely has to do that mark.

Its chances of beating Deadpool are 100% certain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phoeeeel said:

Good number. Not as fun as Deadpool's or BvS's 2nd weekend. Still curious to see if this will have a better hold than IM3 and AoU in following weekends. If not, then maybe WOM is just not as a big factor as I thought for MCU movies

for predestined 400m level films, unless its a somewhat bad or really good..

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I am definitely on Team Disney/Marvel moreso than Team DC (though I do see all the DC movies, too), but I have no problem with BvS/DC fans crowing a bit about CACW's failure to be another "Avengers", hell even another "Ultron". You guys took TONS of grief around here - unfairly, IMO - over BvS failing to be another Dark Knight, so you deserve some payback.

Just goes to show how fickle this business is: I've been tracking box office since 1982, and yet I still get surprised. If three months ago someone had told me BvS would get beaten DOM and WW by Zootopia and that CACW would struggle to pass Deadpool DOM, I'd have asked them if they'd checked their meds recently.

In all fairness, BvS won't even be another Batman Forever when you adjust for inflation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

BVS : 51m 2nd weekend. Added 68m (1.33 x 51) more after that.

CA3 : 73m 2nd weekend. Needs to add 67m more to catch DP. Needs 104m (1.42 x 73) for 400m.

You decide.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Its going to easily pass Deadpool and is about 95% a lock for 400

I hope you are correct. IMO, this movie earns its 90% tomato rating: Unlike Ultron and BvS, its story is clean, efficient, and yet smart. This team of Avengers has far more chemistry, even when at each other's throats, than anything DC has come up with and more chemistry than Ultron's team showed last year. It's almost as good as the 2012 Avengers. It really SHOULD be blowing up Jurassic World-style at the box office. Those who predicted 220m OW should have been correct! And yet it didn't.

Why? Well, I guess what comes to mind is that Jurassic World-style blowups are damn rare. Movies like that and Avengers are two of the top-5 most popular movies of the past 20 years! No matter how good a film is, you just should never expect it to do $600m DOM. OK, maybe if its the first real Star Wars movie in 33 years. But other than that?

Truth is, even the $330m that BvS did is DAMN GOOD box office, but because everyone expects every big release to be the next Dark Knight, it gets slagged as a disappointment. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hatebox said:

Marvel's big movies have reached the point where they perform so consistently they're almost uninteresting to follow — if you've kept your expectations in check.

Yeah IW going to do 400/1.3-1.4 boxoffice

Yawn... 

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Pirates must have had Saturday off.

yeah they're unionized now and they negotiated Saturdays as non-working days

• Like 3