WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

1 hour ago, GuardianDevil said:

Top Ten of 2016 projections:

Rogue One

Dory

Civil War

Deadpool

Zootopia 

BvS

Jungle Book

Fantastic Beasts

ID2

SLoP

I don't know about Dory, but I'm pretty sure that Rogue One has the 2016 crown on lock, both domestic and worldwide.

• Like 1

Am i the only insane one who doesnt think 400 is locked for Rogue One? I mean its a spin off. Unless Darth Vader has more than a glorified 30 second cameo i dont see this being a massive film. Big no doubt. 400 is certainly possible but 500?  Too bullish imo.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Am i the only insane one who doesnt think 400 is locked for Rogue One? I mean its a spin off. Unless Darth Vader has more than a glorified 30 second cameo i dont see this being a massive film. Big no doubt. 400 is certainly possible but 500?  Too bullish imo.

Yes. It will be massive. Even if it's a spin off, it's the SW universe, and SW just came back with a massive bang. There's no way it does less than 400m, especially with holiday boost once more. I'm sure it can retain at least 50% of TFA's audience.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

But what are you basing this on @Heretic. The Star Wars films that have done mass of business and granted that seven of the eight but those films all have the same storyline or the same mythology so to speak. This one is just a straight-up War film with Star Wars characters in it. There's no Jedis there's no lightsabers there's no connection really to the older characters except that what they do in this film will lead up to the beginning of a new hope.  So this is far from a risk but far from a slam dunk. 

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Quite sure Vader's role will be bigger than that.

• Like 1

Well at this point they haven't told us anything about Darth Vader's role. So I do not know how big his role will be. Maybe if he is a major character and then I will understand the 500 million dollar predictions.

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But what are you basing this on @Heretic. The Star Wars films that have done mass of business and granted that seven of the eight but those films all have the same storyline or the same mythology so to speak. This one is just a straight-up War film with Star Wars characters in it. There's no Jedis there's no lightsabers there's no connection really to the older characters except that what they do in this film will lead up to the beginning of a new hope.  So this is far from a risk but far from a slam dunk. 

I'm basing it on the fact it is still essentially a SW film, and the hype is still massive. I'm fully expecting it to have a massive drop from TFA, casual audience will probably drop off a lot, but the core fanbase will be there. I just can't see a scenario whereby it could do less than 400m. For that to happen, it'd need to open less than $100m. I see no reason why it would have an OW less than TFA's opening day. I'm saying about 150/530, which is very reasonable imo. Over 40% drop off from TFA. A lot can change between now and then, though.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

I like your thinking and your logic. I just have a problem seeing it open that big. It's not the same Star Wars film that we all are used to. In that sense it makes it a bit of a wild card. I'm sure it will be the second highest grossing opening weekend for December but where it lands in my opinion, I just don't know at this point.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I like your thinking and your logic. I just have a problem seeing it open that big. It's not the same Star Wars film that we all are used to. In that sense it makes it a bit of a wild card. I'm sure it will be the second highest grossing opening weekend for December but where it lands in my opinion, I just don't know at this point.

After TFA almost made a billion dollars, I don't think it's that much to ask to see an opening in the 150m range. There are plenty of people that will be there OD, no matter how connected it is to the rest of the SW saga. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I don't know about Dory, but I'm pretty sure that Rogue One has the 2016 crown on lock, both domestic and worldwide.

No, there is no real lock this year. Dory, Civil War, Rogue One, and a few wildcards all have a chance for the 2016 crown. 

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah.. Such a flop that it's going to pass BvsS Domestic this week.. Not bad for a flop that could do that in 2 weeks VS in 3 months..

I had no idea March 25th till May 15th is 3 months.

I'm amazed you're still talking so much nonsense after your 225M OW hallucination.