The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

I rewatched Shakespeare in Love last year and it's held up better than it had any right to. Since it's obvious The Thin Red Line would never have won, I'm cool with SIL taking Best Picture and Spielberg winning Best Director for the beach landing scene.

I was about to get outraged that Heat is only at 77 but saw that for some inexplicable fucking reason it didn't even make the list two out of three times before, so I guess I'll take what I can get. 

• Like 4

I expected to see both Psycho and Last Crusade, but to see Heat is great and more unexpected for me. The shooting at the bank remains to be the best ever made.

The three films are on my list :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Truckasaurus said:

The opening scene from SPR is so thrilling that it sort of negatively influences the rest of the movie: it starts on such a high that there's no way to go but down afterwards. Nevertheless, it's still a pretty good movie. Spielberg lays on the sentimentalism pretty thick, but then again, that's natural considering his sensibilities. Tom Hanks is excellent, one of his best performances in my book. 

It's no The Thin Red Line, though. ;)

It is the Up of war films

11 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

'Cause she's gotta GREAT ASS

I'm angry.  I'm very angry Ralph.  You know you can ball my wife if she wants you too. You can lounge here on her sofa in her ex-husband's dead-tech post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to.  BUT YOU DO NOT GET TO WATCH MY FUCKING TELEVISION SET!!!

Edited by DAR
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, water said:

zootopia is better than every single movie released in a year starting with a 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I'm angry.  I'm very angry Ralph.  You know you can ball my wife if she wants you too. You can lounge her on her sofa in her ex-husband's dead-tech post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to.  BUT YOU DO NOT GET TO WACH MY FUCKING TELEVISION SET!!!

Pacino Fucking rocked in Heat. The GREAT ASS scene was priceless!!

• Like 5

Only watched HEAT a few weeks ago, don't even remember that scene. In fact the whole movie is very forgettable.

Edited by Treetrunk Special

Well, there is never going to be a unanimous love for one film.  There's people who hate ET and there's people who hate Toy Story 3.  You can't please everyone.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, there is never going to be a unanimous love for one film.  There's people who hate ET and there's people who hate Toy Story 3.  You can't please everyone.

Really? Maybe not completely love but there must be a film everyone somewhat likes, atleast. What about Finding Nemo, Grave of the Fireflies, Toy Story 1, 2, other Pixars? Even you must atleast like them enough for a 7/10? What about The Godfathers? Indiana Jones? Lotr 1? Aladdin? Something else?

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

Really? Maybe not completely love but there must be a film everyone somewhat likes, atleast. What about Finding Nemo, Grave of the Fireflies, Toy Story 1, 2, other Pixars? Even you must atleast like them enough for a 7/10? What about The Godfathers? Indiana Jones? Lotr 1? Aladdin? Something else?

You can find someone who hates anything. That's just literally true. You can even find a knucklehead who thinks that Citizen Kane is an abomination.