The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

God, this list should have been called Top 50 Pixars + 50 other ones or some shit.

Don't worry, we'll be back to your nice and cozy war dramas and gangster films soon enough

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

In the next couple of days i am going to be either pleasantly surprised or totally devastated by casablanca's performance

I have revised the first 4-5 pages of the lists thread and it had already reached more points than #100 (Lebowski, 25), so unless people suddenly changed their tastes, Casablanca will appear in the list :) 

• Like 2

Among my top 10, I do not trust in seeing The Apartment, A night at the opera and Fantasia. There are already 3 (Rear window, E.T and Spirited Away) and the other 4 should be here (Casablanca, Godfather I and II and FOTR). If they are not, I will give up my faith in human race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

I've never been more than neutral towards Apocalypse Now. It never really grabbed me.

Apocalypse Now has always been blah to me as well. I don't hate it, and I understand why other people love it, but I don't. 

But, for me, 2001 is different. 2001 I actively dislike and I'll bring that up when it eventually shows up on the list.

• Like 3

2001 in the top 30?... I mean, it is the type of film that I know the kind of genius behind its construction and its ideas. And HAL-9000 is an icon of cinema. But it is a movie that I wish I never sat through again in my life. It's just... nothing of what I seek for in filmmaking. A glorified spaceship expo, pretty much.

And this is coming from someone that has The Shining and A Clockwork Orange high up in his all-time list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I'm fine with the Pixar, just throw in a bit more Ghibli next time, m'kay?

As insecure as Pixar fans may be about the stigma of liking animated films, we have to at least take solace that they get some recognition

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How many animations total, 20 ?

There have been 12 by now and with the likes of almost all of Pixar's best and Lion King already out of the way, I can only think of Finding Nemo as another to make the list, although I highly doubt it.

Really, while their sudden onslaught has made many think animation and pixar has overcome the list, we have only 12-13 of them in the top 100 with 8-9 of them being Pixar's.

• Like 2