CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

On 3/8/2023 at 9:45 AM, Mojoguy said:

You know the haters are already sharpening their knives, and the Disneystans are ready to pounce.

I'll be in the back watching with my popcorn.:popcorn:

If hater means  thinking that these Animaed films into Muscials have been all been medicore at best; I accept the title of Hater.

Of course Hater really means 'HOW DOES ANYBOFY DARE NOT TO LIKE SOMETHING I LIKE'.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Nah I want black girls to have a great live action princess movie to relate to.

Cinderella (1997) erasure smh

Spoiler

Yes, more than one would be great too lol

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, dudalb said:

We will  always have the original.....

Exactly. I never understood the complaining, especially in the world of D+. It's not like changes in SW when the original theatrical versions were, for a bit, hard to find in some cases. It's not like the only Italian restaurant in your city ruins its menu. People who don't like the live-actions can just pretend they don't exist.

This will be the first live action remake since before the pandemic (Mulan doesn't count). And it will come out after a few years of building, seething hatred for not only live-action remakes, but Disney in general. The box office will be interesting. It should make over Aladdin's domestic total, but may not do much past $400 million if it does reach that. As for WW, I have no idea what other countries think of Little Mermaid.