CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Wish I had the kind of courage it takes to admit you're actually paying to see Alice this weekend.

This wasn't by choice. My man is working and would murder me if I saw it without him, and I have friends in town this week and they wanted to go to a movie... Little did I know it was Alice. Oh well, I talked them out of IMAX and into the cheapest seats possible. Lol so it's at least a cheap mistake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

On advance sales for running bit below DOFP. same range as Tomorrowland.

That is likely what it means, but fandango doesn't have all the online sales so much any more, either.  I know I prefer the Arclight theaters, and they sell their own tickets on line.

I'll be seeing XMEN this weekend, at least once.

Edited by trifle

1 minute ago, trifle said:

That is likely what it means, but fandango doesn't have all the online sales so much any more, either.  I know I prefer the Arclight theaters, and they sell their own tickets on line.

I'll be seeing XMEN this weekend, at least once.

Looked at the Arclight website, and Arclight hollywood has 7 showings of Alice tonight for previews, and all of them put together have sold 32 tickets as of now. Presales are not exactly looking hot for Alice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looked at the Arclight website, and Arclight hollywood has 7 showings of Alice tonight for previews, and all of them put together have sold 32 tickets as of now. Presales are not exactly looking hot for Alice.

SHOCKER. 

They should have called it Alice in Wonderland 2. Also, this should have come out in 2013. 

• Like 4

I just realized the big weekend has already begun at the theaters. I wish them the best for Memorial Day. Lots of money to be made this weekend. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The guy who wrote that tweet is predicting 93 mill for XMEN and 52 mil for Alice over the four day weekend.  http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend.htm

Pretty mad right now. I was planning on seeing X-men in 2D on saturday but my local theater pulled the showing just before we bought the tickets.

So now we're stuck with 3D. Ain't no 2D showing :( 

I don't like 3D

6 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

I forgot about FaF6, it had a great memorial day run back in 2013 too.

I live my life one weekend at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For that one weekend, I'm free.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I live my life one weekend at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For that one weekend, I'm free.

Salud mi familia. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So how's X-MEN selling in Portugal so far?? And what's the chances od CIVIL WAR actually doing better than both X-MEN and ALICE this weekend since it seems these 2 movies aren't exactly lighting up the box office world??

Civil War will do at best 25M during the whole weekend. Alice will do at worst 35M and X-Men at worst 70M. Zero chance buddy :lol: 

In Portugal, Apocalypse is following other European countries and dropped a bit from DoFP but it is doing fine. 

• Like 7

X-Men: Apocalypse was selling out tons of shows last weekend in IMAX here but this weekend it was replaced by Alice 2 and every show has been almost empty lol. And they have to show Alice 2 weeks in the format because TMNT2 will not be released in the format. Big lol.

• Like 2