CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

It is actually the lowest by 100 theaters. Still hilarious that a sequel to a 330M+ monster hit can't get at least 3900 theaters like fucking Tomorrowland. 

Disney knows they have a dud on their hands, and aren't even trying.

re-watching DOFP right now (just starting so it's the sentinal fight) but it's so hard thinking about how weird it would be if say this movie had Deadpool in it :lol:

That character alone is going to change the tone of this entire series of they do indeed cross over.

• Like 1

So my three local theaters each only have 2 standard show times and 2 3D show times for X-men for Thursday night and not one of them is sold out. Obviously it doesn't help when the theater doesn't have a bunch of show times, but when you aren't even selling them out, does it even matter? :sadben: 

29 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Everything works right the wife and I are catching both X-men and Alice tomorrow before we leave for our cruise.... starting our public child free time the right way - dinner then the movies 

I just got out of Alice... How about you just not go and instead, go buy a drink. It will be a lot more fun and hella less painful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Chart from Reddit:

Pretty, pretty uh, yeah. We need some more midsize hits.

The only movie over the next few weeks that I see which can potentially end in the 200-300M range where we have no movie yet is Independence Day 2. That movie could really go either way with the audience perception. Apocalypse needs to open to a 90+M 4 day to hit 200M, TMNT2, NYSM2, Warcraft and Conjuring 2 are not making 200M, Dory will join the 300M+ club and the 4th of July weekend releases will not make it. The July movies are a bit far out currently to predict with any accuracy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Holy DOFP is phenomenal. Kinda wish I didn't watch it now cause no matter what Apocalypse is just going to be a HUGE step back.

You had never watched it? It's a classic of the superhero genre. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Have you watched First Class as well? It's a bit different but very charming. I don't think there's another superhero film quite like that one. Plus if you got emotionally invested in the characters of those two then there's a good chance you'll enjoy Apocalypse too.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

Watching X-Men: First Class. 2011 seemed to be the year the cast of Mad Men tried to break into movies - January Jones in X-Men: First Class, Christina Hendricks in Drive, Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids, Vincent Kartheiser in In Time. The cast must have had a really good agent at the time.

• Like 2

Just back from watching Xmen, not many people in the theatre at all. BVS and CW were both full in the same theatre on opening night. And I was disappointed. :(:(:( Was going to check out Alice tomorrow, but no longer in the mood any more. Maybe I should go watch Zootopia again, if the nearest AMC still has it. 

• Like 1