La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

The Hemsworths are so unlucky outside of franchises and now Liam's has headed off into the sunset lol. Chris will be fine though, he looks fun in Ghostbusters so I could see him carving out a nice career in comedy the same way Rose Byrne, who initially built her career in drama, has.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rentaro1989 said:

The COnjuring 52 Million..HAHAHAHAHAHA..by the way it oppened in SOuth KOrea with an insane 17k dollars openning.LOL

The Conjuring 2 opens in South Korea on 6/9. Other than for specific festivals, it opens wide in some markets in Europe on June 8th. If there's a 17k Korea figure, I don't think that's for wide-release. That said, 52 million OW for Conjuring 2 does seem very optimistic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because that was a big problem for Deadpool

This doesn't have a Deadpool like marketing campaign and it's not a gimmick rated R movie, the teens won't get to see their favorite hero say "motherfucker" and tell ass and dick jokes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Snow White and the Huntsman sequel was definitely a bad idea since the first wasn't THAT successful

Now You See Me though made 340m worldwide on a 75m budget. If the sequel was also made on a reasonable budget, it probably is a good idea. 

u sound like u would have greenlit the seventh sense or some shit. sequels to movies that basically live and die by a twist makes no sense to me. like identity 2 or some shit who even wants to follow up after that nonsense.

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol that person said there have been no dinosaur movies other than Jurassic Park. What short memories we have.

i don't remember the film but i was pretty addicted to the game boy color game.

• Like 1

People were bringing their babies to midnight screenings of The Dark Knight Rises, I think you'd be surprised what people take their kids to. If it's a PG-13 funny book movie there will be plenty of families there regardless of content

• Like 1

Live action dino is kinda different from animation though. There's something pretty exciting about seeing a giant dinosaur chasing real humans that you don't get with cartoons. 

Anyways, ID2 will probably do well even if everyone sucks in it. That was kind of a given when the cast was announced anyways. 

Dinosaur is probably the most disappointing movie ever for me (even though I don't think it's terrible) because I remember seeing that 5 minute trailer before Toy Story 2 showing the movie's opening scene and being completely blown away by it and it made me so psyched for the movie (I was a freshperson in college at the time). They should've just cut all the dialogue out and it would've been an A+ experience.

40 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm being very careful with Suicide Squad. If it's good quality it could do very well but don't expect a monster OW. Internet buzz is still different than GA buzz. I don't think SS will see a lot of families out there. The YouTube views and social media talk is due more to comic book Fandom than a casual viewer. Some folks saying an opening north of $100M, that isn't going to happen. 

I honestly don't buy that. The Joker is big business and would be surprised if it didn't go past $100M OW.  Thinking $300-325M right now assuming the movie is decent to good.

57 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

I honestly don't buy that. The Joker is big business and would be surprised if it didn't go past $100M OW.  Thinking $300-325M right now assuming the movie is decent to good.

Plus Batman is featured in the marketing. I don't see how a movie with both Joker and Batman doesn't at least do well OW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

i know right

WTF HARRISON FORD WAS IN THIS?!?!?!

I am pretty sure I saw this movie but I have no memory of Ford in it wtf. 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WTF HARRISON FORD WAS IN THIS?!?!?!

I am pretty sure I saw this movie but I have no memory of Ford in it wtf. 

Harrison Ford actually gave a damn in this movie, he seemed to be having fun in it. He has only 2 or 3 scenes though.

Also, that trailer is the entire movie, even including the post-climactic fight moments. They actually put that out as an official trailer?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

TMNT 2 opening weekend seems inflated...I bet it'll drop after the actuals...

Barely OK for X-Men ( at least it dropped less than The Last Stand and it might make more money overseas, despite competition ). Disaster for Alice.

Yeah, XMen is doing great in China, top OW IMAX Fox has ever had, and second highest OW in China overall for Fox.  We'll see what happens when Warcraft comes in, but it sure started off on a good foot.

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

You are underestimating the Barbie movie, especially with a Mothers Day release date. I can see it doing 50M OW, Barbie is pretty much a pop culture icon and the release date is aces.

You should make a club.

• Like 1