WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

Very early guesses for opening films.

The Cojnuring 2: $12-14m

Warcraft: $11-12.5m

Now You See Me 2: $9-10.5m

For OWs, that would correspond to...

TC2: $29-35m

WC: $25-30m

NYSM2: $23-27m

Overall, this ain't too shabby of a weekend.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ummm... The audience for both Conjuring and Annabelle was skewing equally to over and under 25. Conjuring is pretty much the only horror franchise targeting both demos which was made clear over and over by the trades in 2013 when the first movie became a surprise hit.

This is a sequel remember. Frontloaded af.

Just now, RandomJC said:

This is going to be another weekend where I'm just going to have to pretend to be busy so I don't read the weekend thread, isn't it?

yup, rather you go away than you posting dumb shit about a movie you don't care about :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

Don't really know why I am getting criticised for saying this stuff. It's true. People suggesting it will open to under 20M despite 3M previews? Saying that China will have 80% of its gross in its opening weekend despite having a full, long release? Don't even know why you would irrationally hate on something you haven't seen. The movie is awesome and you are just missing out by pre judging it, before any real numbers, before you have seen it.

Only one person suggested under 20M in this thread, the others just said it will come below The Conjuring 2, How is that irrational hate?

Also, members are just going by what other people are saying about the China box office. It is apparently losing steam and they are saying it should end with around 250M and it might miss Zootopia's total. The 5 day total should be around 150M. Only one person mentioned a total between 180-210M there which was dismissed by most. 

You are just creating those ideas inside your head, nobody is hating. Making low predictions is not hating. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

those Chinese people don't know what they talking about. Warcraft is gonna beat furious 7, and then it's gonna beat The Mermaid. Suck it up, losers.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to take up this crusade today.  From what cjohn and schu told me, there are new numbers out of china that have warcraft being insanely front loaded, that's why people are saying it will probably settle in at around 200.  There's no bias here.  It's just extrapolation based on the numbers available.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

This is a sequel remember. Frontloaded af.

And Warcraft won't be frontloaded? Both movies will suffer from that. 

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to take up this crusade today.  From what cjohn and schu told me, there are new numbers out of china that have warcraft being insanely front loaded, that's why people are saying it will probably settle in at around 200.  There's no bias here.  It's just extrapolation based on the numbers available.

One member is saying that. Others are suggesting it might fail to reach Zootopia's total there (235M). 

Apparently the Saturday estimate number was much weaker than expected and Sunday will act like a Monday (because it is a work day this week there) so they are expecting another big drop.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

New rule...If both your user-name and avatar point to a newly released movie, the less your opinion on that movie should matter. Keep some butt-hurt ointment/lubricant handy in case of under/over performance at the box office.

So when the entire forum changed their avatar and user names to Star Wars, nobody's opinion about Star Wars mattered?

I thought it was a trend on these forums to continually alter your username and avatar to match a new upcoming movie.

Edited by The Pandaren
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

New rule...If both your user-name and avatar point to a newly released movie, the less your opinion on that movie should matter. Keep some butt-hurt ointment/lubricant handy in case of under/over performance at the box office.

I change my avatar, name & profile according to every movie that I really like. Lots of people here do that.

Edited by Treecraft
  • Like 1

Just now, Treecraft said:

I change my avatar, name & profile according to every movie that I really like. 

I don't even do it for every movie I really like.  For example, I changed my username and avatar during Batman v Superman and I hated that movie.

Just now, VinceMichaudC said:

It's not a sequel, duh. Get with the program CJohn ;)

Are you serious? It has been frontloaded in tons of places. It is already being frontloaded here ffs, pre-sales are lower for tonight than they were for yesterday and we are on the 2nd day in theaters (and today is a holiday here). 

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

yup, rather you go away than you posting dumb shit about a movie you don't care about :) 

But I care about Conjuring and Now You See Me.

Spoiler

And I'm seeing Warcraft tomorrow it seems. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

If the mods let this continue, this has the potential to become one of the most epic stannings in BOT history. Logic and reason need not apply.

I predicted this 5 days ago in the BOTCRAFT adaptation. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

those Chinese people don't know what they talking about. Warcraft is gonna beat furious 7, and then it's gonna beat The Mermaid. Suck it up, losers.

OK, so are all of your comments in this thread trolling, or is it just this one?

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Are you serious? It has been frontloaded in tons of places. It is already being frontloaded here ffs, pre-sales are lower for tonight than they were for yesterday and we are on the 2nd day in theaters (and today is a holiday here). 

My post was sarcastic. Did you not the see the winky wink ;)

• Like 1