WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Definitely not bad but it illustrates that this will be very frontloaded here.

True, but nearly $250m, in China for a film with such panned reviews, seems like a major win regardless of it's legs to me. 

How is OS-China looking for WC?

65m dom + 235m China + 200-225 OS-China = 500-525m WW.

I don't know its budget or how much % of China who keeps, but 500m+ is very solid for WC.

Edited by a2knet

In other BOT news

-DORY RT watch has started and is being found positive.

-WC China legs seem bad. 250m USD a stretch. Below 236m of ZOOTOPIA also a possibility. One respectable poster has calculated 180-210m USD scenario.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

In other BOT news

-DORY RT watch has started and is being found positive.

-WC China legs seem bad. 250m USD a stretch. Below 236m of ZOOTOPIA also a possibility. One respectable poster has calculated 180-210m USD scenario.

How is it going to miss 235M in China? You are talking out of your arse. It is going to finish the weekend with nearly 200M, it would have to make literally nothing after that to miss 235 or 250.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

Because the conjuring is a teen horror movie??

It is time to let it go :lol: Warcraft will get a strong 2nd place, tho.

I swear people are just out to get Warcraft. I don't get it, why can't y'all hate on a fucking Marvel movie or a star Wars one? There are billions of those movies that do nothing but copy themselves , while Warcraft, a vaguely original tentpole movie, is getting shat on by you folks who haven't even watched it.

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

How is it going to miss 235M in China? You are talking out of your arse. It is going to finish the weekend with nearly 200M, it would have to make literally nothing after that to miss 235 or 250.

Don't shoot the messenger, rude guy.

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

No. In fact, $250m seems like a stretch unless it holds better than -30% tomorrow.

1 hour ago, jiangsen said:

Yes, he means $300M USD is not going to happen at this point and $250M USD isn't even a given because of the extreme front loading

This is 150M RMB.

1 hour ago, Olive said:

if it does not reach 1.3B after Sunday 19th, it will finish under Zootopia.

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

Me too. A somewhat realistic sat drop (if optimistic) would be 35% which would lead to ¥140m. Assuming that Sunday acts like a Monday, then it'll likely drop by more than 50%, possibly more than 60% even (depending on whether all schools are already out in China) which means anywhere between ¥55m to ¥70m for a 5 day OW of about ¥1b. A 1.5 multi from that (which is actually optimistic) would lead to ¥1.5B ($225m). I think it'll finish closer to the high end of my ¥1.2b to ¥1.4b prediction ($180m to $210m) which is still a very good result for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

I swear people are just out to get Warcraft. I don't get it, why can't y'all hate on a fucking Marvel movie or a star Wars one? There are billions of those movies that do nothing but copy themselves , while Warcraft, a vaguely original tentpole movie, is getting shat on by you folks who haven't even watched it.

:jeb!:

• Like 3