WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

7 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

One distributor that completely disappeared was Clarius Entertainment.  They released Legends of Oz, And So It Goes, Before I Go to Sleep, and My All American, and then they were never heard from again.

Those movies were never heard of in the first place.

7 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

STX could end up being a major studio one day if it releases some bigger hits.  Its been relatively successful so far. 

Nah. I think it'll peak soon on the level of Relativity or FilmDistrict circa 2011.

The last "major" studio to be established was DreamWorks, and that was sold within 10 years of its first movie.

Edited by department store basement

Everyone thought Summit was going to become a major player then Twilight ended and they're languishing. 

DreamWorks SKG is a shadow of its former shelf as is MGM who have done very well since coming out of bankruptcy thanks to Bond and The Hobbit but they'll never be the major studio they once were.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Everyone thought Summit was going to become a major player then Twilight ended and they're languishing. 

DreamWorks SKG is a shadow of its former shelf as is MGM who have done very well since coming out of bankruptcy thanks to Bond and The Hobbit but they'll never be the major studio they once were.

All of those three are production houses now, none of them actually distribute movies anymore.

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Not getting this $30M talk for Warcraft. Even $25M.

Remember when the fanbase turned out Thursday night for Pacific Rim, everyone lost their minds thinking $40M+ weekend... and then reality settled in?

Except, Pacific Rim and Warcraft have identical preview numbers?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

Except, Pacific Rim and Warcraft have identical preview numbers?

PAC RIM was July 12...deeper into the summer with schools fully off compared to 2nd week of June.

But I can see 25-30m for WC.

Edited by a2knet

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Warcraft is having terrible legs in China (it opened Wednesday):

Wednesday: 45.7M

Thursday: 46M

Friday: 32.9M

126.6M Total

Some in the China thread are saying it might not hit 250M.

And that is bad??

I gotta say, I thought even $30m OW was out of the question for Warcraft. if it hit that number considering it's lackluster reviews I'd say it's at least a small win.