WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hey, the trio all did decently on Thursday. Nothing spectacular, and I'm kinda afraid that TC2 will be another Apocalypse (1M over DOFP previews, still comes in way lower... though TC2 at least won't come too far behind TC), but not bad. And @Treecraft, calm down, nobody's hating on Warcraft - we're just pointing out that, at this point, it seems it'll almost certainly lose the weekend to TC2.

Seems certain? According to what, exactly?

• Like 1

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

Ahh my wife is a conjuring fan too. If it's low budget fear not. It may still make profit between domestic and foreign totals. Looks interesting. I need to see part i

What's the next movie you are seeing? For me I need to see Warcraft and The Conjuring 2.

@Treecraft To the walk-up factor usually present in horror films (compared to Warcraft which seems fan rush driven), and to the preview number + good reviews indicating a O/U 40M OW for Conjuring 2 and around 30-35M tops for Warcraft (less than Pacific Rim, which was a super hyped original w/good reviews), unless WC conjures up a gigantic FriSat.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'm here to hate on warcraft. i'm only here because i heard the hissy fits from the other side of the forum

Twin-Peaks-gif.gif

DAMMIT, I was trying to control the thread. Welp, only one thing left to do.

27717-Zelda-Abandon-thread-gif-LwhD.gif

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You're right Tree Duncan Jones did make a legendary film. Sadly Source Code didn't really blow up at the box office

Warcraft is easily Duncan Jones' best film, and the best movie of all-time for that matter.

• Like 1

So another video game movie that isn't good?

Hopefully they don't make a Call of Duty movie either.

Games, should be games. I tend to play Black Ops 3 but I would hate it as a movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Wtf are you guys talking about? $124.2m three-day cume in China how is this only gonna do 150m in 5 days there? 

It is what some members are saying in the China thread. Most are also saying it will fail to top Zootopia there (235M total). 

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I heard Universal only gets like 25% of the China gross.

It is true. This is going as a quote release apparently contrary to rumors that were saying otherwise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I heard Universal only gets like 25% of the China gross.

Universal only spent $40M on the production of the movie. Plus, I don't believe they handled marketing in China.

Legendary has the Warcraft rights, and Legendary is a Chinese company... there is no way a sequel does not get made.

Edited by Treecraft