FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

I just noticed that Disney could have the top 3 films again next year.

1) Star Wars: Episode 8

2) Beauty and the Beast

3) Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Probably, the only films that could challenge that top 3 would be Spider-Man: Homecoming, Despicable Me 3, or Deadpool 2(if it comes out) 

Edited by babz06

Just now, babz06 said:

2) Beauty and the Beast

3) Guardians of the Galaxy

Probably, the only films that could challenge that top 3 would be Spider-Man: Homecoming, Despicable Me 3, or Deadpool 2(if it comes out) 

And Justice league

Well, let's see: Given the trajectory of ticket prices since 1989 (when NATO started tracking them), the average ticket price for 2016 is probably going to be around $8.79. Adjusted to that figure, Shrek the Third made $155M OW after inflation. If FD seriously has a shot of making it that high, it could end up having an unquestionably legit record for highest animated OW ever.

Edited by johnboy3434

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I can definitely see Conjuring making sub-100, CI will probably have good enough legs to squeak by 100 though

I pointed out the drop off Wednesday on another board.  The rate at which it was failing on those two weekdays alone was a horrible sign.  Went from 1.4M down on OW to 5.6M by end of the first week!

Edited by lobogotti
bad spelling
  • Like 1

5 major films closed on Thursday:

Deadpool - final total $363,070,709

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - final total $330,360,194

The Boss - final total $63,077,560

The Huntsman: Winter's War - final total $48,003,015

Mother's Day - final total $32,492,859

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

2) Beauty and the Beast

3) Guardians of the Galaxy 2

To be honest, given how high Jungle Book was received OW it wouldn't surprise if Beauty and the Beast really broke out and got up to like 150M OW. Of course I'm going with a more safer prediction being 125M but 150 is def possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

5 major films closed on Thursday:

Deadpool - final total $363,070,709

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - final total $330,360,194

The Boss - final total $63,077,560

The Huntsman: Winter's War - final total $48,003,015

Mother's Day - final total $32,492,859

Wonder why BvS closed. It still had business and could have posted a slightly better number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Well, let's see: Given the trajectory of ticket prices since 1989 (when NATO started tracking them), the average ticket price for 2016 is probably going to be around $8.79. Adjusted to that figure, Shrek the Third made $155M OW after inflation. If FD seriously has a shot of making it that high, it could end up having an unquestionably legit record for highest animated OW ever.

Average ticket prices include everything 2d,3d,imax etc. So its hard to extrapolate for a movie. 3d shares for family flicks are terrible and it barely has any imax boost as well. So dont know how we can "adjust" shrek 3 which released before 3d era.

I think Shrek 3 will have the edge for adjusted OW.