FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $23.2M, CI - $4.5M, TC2 - $2.3M, NYSM2 - $1.6M, WC - $1M

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Why are u such a sick all the time? Do you even know how to not be abrasive?

Look who's talking about being abrasive. Pot, meet kettle. 

52 minutes ago, Baumer said:

500 mill will be very difficult and I personally don't see it getting there. 450 will happen.....475 I think is too high.

Oh...now $450m is going to happen?

You're welcome, baumer. Instead of getting all pissy, you should thank me for slapping some sense into you.

Bye.

• Like 1

I think 450 is about right.  It's not an EXCEPTIONAL Pixar film like IO so legs aren't going to be great in the first place and it WILL be cut-off somewhat by PETS which opens in 2 weeks.

450 is a HUGE number so no one should be remotely disappointed with that.  It's also definitely going over 1 billion WW.

Amazing tuesday jump for Dory. It's doesn't mean it's going to make $500 but it is headed for a $450 total for sure (not lock but looking likely). I think it will have a small increase on Friday so I expect a +$65 second weekend.

8 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Monday was definitely inflated though (maybe not for Dory, but everything else). Those are below average Tuesday jumps.

Yeah - I noticed KFP3 had a huge increase as well compared with the other films on the chart so far... maybe something was going on yesterday?

24 minutes ago, cannastop said:

TOP SINGLE DAY NON-OPENING TUESDAYS

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens $37,361,729 12/22/15
  2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens $29,528,583 12/29/15
  3. Jurassic World $24,342,515 6/16/15
  4. Finding Dory $23,500,000 6/21/16
  5. The Dark Knight  $20,868,722 7/22/08

Haha TFA... I miss this run. I wonder when we will get something like that again.

So assuming today drops 30%

W - 16.23

Thurs - 15.423 (-5%)

Friday - 21.59 (+40%)

Sat - 28.06 (+30%)

Sun - 19.648 (-30%)

Weekend - 69.310

Puts 300m at about next Wednesday - could also see the July 4th holiday weekend only amounting to about 32-33m since there are another 3 Wide releases on top of this weekend's 4.... screen drops for holdovers will be brutal over the next three weeks.

That estimate puts it at about 350 after the 3rd weekend (depending on holds / weekdays of course) making the 475 club a very interesting venture with Pets right around the corner by then.

• Like 1

I love this number, go Dory! U need to became the biggest animated movie of all time (unadjusted). For those who will say that it's unfair to Shrek 2, remember that The Lion King sold more tickets than Shrek 2. 

• Like 2

Yeah I'm convinced 450 is the floor, with 525 being the absolute ceiling.  I think people are expecting this to crumble at some point because it's not the absolute gold standard of what Pixar has done, but i think that has very little merit to families who will continue to bring their kids to this in droves.  The market is pretty much completely dead until Life of Pets which is still over 2 weeks away.  I just don't see the BFG as any kind of threat, it's a concept film for the modern public.  Families don't see films because they're 99% on RT. WOM is strong enough to really propel this thing, I think.  

Edited by RyneOh1040