WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I remember when it was rumored that the title for the movie was "Independence Day Forever Part 1" to be followed by ID Forever Part 2, and Neo insisted that those should be the thread titles despite everyone asking him to wait for confirmation.

Damn, he should come back! I loved his upside predictions.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Actually, I think Jurassic Park III makes Jurassic World look like, well, Jurassic Park.

I love JP3. After the mediocre Lost World just rehashed the plot of the first one JP3 ditched all the philosophical undertones of the first two and just turned it into a full-fledged monster movie. It could have easily been called "Attack of the Killer Spinosaurus". And it's so enjoyable thanks to that, Tea Leoni aside.

Edited by department store basement

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I remember when it was rumored that the title for the movie was "Independence Day Forever Part 1" to be followed by ID Forever Part 2, and Neo insisted that those should be the thread titles despite everyone asking him to wait for confirmation.

Man, I don't know what was up with him. He was like some news-regurgitating android

Just got back from The Secret Life of Pets.

What a let down :( 

All of the laughs are unfortunately in the trailers. Only focuses on pets at home for strong first 20 minutes. Then it's a trip through the streets of New York and a very out of place dream sequence. 

Sold out audience, but very very little reaction. One for the very young. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Just got back from The Secret Life of Pets.

What a let down :( 

All of the laughs are unfortunately in the trailers. Only focuses on pets at home for strong first 20 minutes. Then it's a trip through the streets of New York and a very out of place dream sequence. 

Sold out audience, but very very little reaction. One for the very young. 

Not surprised. It looks cute, but I wasn't convinced Illumination would do much with the concept. Plus the reviews, while positive, aren't really glowing. I think it'll do mid-200s, since the marketing has been so good and seems like a decent enough crowdpleaser.