WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

yeah but Cameron's film before T2 was a flop. The studio rightfully had lots of faith in T2

I still find that odd though. The Terminator was a hit for sure ($78M WW) and apparently did really well on video but that budget jump is insane. Aliens was another critically acclaimed hit too but does all this really justify giving T2 a $100M budget?

I love T2 and all and obviously it all paid off it just seems so weird in hindsight.

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

I still find that odd though. The Terminator was a hit for sure ($78M WW) and apparently did really well on video but that budget jump is insane. Aliens was another critically acclaimed hit too but does all this really justify giving T2 a $100M budget?

I love T2 and all and obviously it all paid off it just seems so weird in hindsight.

guess it was a combination of the first T1's popularity on home video, Schwarzenegger's huge rising star (easily one of the top movie stars in 1991), and having effects that no one ever saw before would allow T2 to be a massive hit. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I always disliked Will Smith. He seems disingenuous. I mean Tom Cruise is a closeted Scieftologist just like Will but at least Tom seems like a nice guy. Like most celebrities whose brand is their "likability," Will seems like a secret douchebag. He's also a mediocre talent. I hope he's over. 

There is a fact.

WE may or may not like the "man" TOm cruise cause scientology etc etc etc....

BUT the actor is the one of the if the most prolific in the past 30 years..... Which actor can say i am a star power now as i were in the 80s...... hmmmm Tom cruise?

Even TOm hanks deep can't.... There are films like jack reacher Oblivion Edge of tomorrow which did just ok at the box office but not flopping.....

TOm cruise is one of the most professional in the buss he does his shit on is own....

Always always loves TC for this....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Because in between 1984 and 1991, Arnold became the biggest star in the world.

• Like 1

Totally OT but I watched Zathura yesterday and sifting through news on the cast members. Kristen Stewart's latest news was all over the place. Hope that woman never changes. Very entertaining.

That cast though, before they were huge, Hutcherson, KStew, Dax Sheppard, etc.

18 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

I thought there were a bunch of headlines last year saying Tom Cruise was done with Scientology?

He certainly doesn't seem to be as open and talkative about it the last couple of years. 

• Like 1

How high will Dory go this weekend?

$80 million?

$85 million?

$90 million+?? (With a $26.5 million Friday, it could happen)

ID42 seems like a more casual blockbuster akin to San Andreas so $4 million in previews could still transfer to a $40 million+ OW. Disappointing, but OS should help it make a profit