WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

37 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

TDAT is awful awful awful. Some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen (at least until 2012). And I even sympathize with the eco-theme. But it's still awful. 

I don't endorse its eco theme, mainly because nothing in the movie even resembles reality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Who was with me on the ID2 was going to "bomb" from the beginning? Feels satisfying seeing the American public say no to another unwanted sequel.

I don't recall ever taking a stance on the box office, but I was always pretty damn sure it was gonna be a stinker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Ethan... WUT?

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Ethan... WUT?

The card set piece is worth twice the price  of admission alone. Way cooler than anything in any superhero this year

Edited by Ethan Hunt

The Shallows was my most anticipated movie of the Summer but it didn't work for me. Lively is believable and Collet-Serra delivers good suspense beats but the movie is undone by a script full of cheese and cliches -- it's the kind of corny American movie where the protagonist has to have an arc because God forbid the audience doesn't relate to her. Meh. C+

14 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Who was with me on the ID2 was going to "bomb" from the beginning? Feels satisfying seeing the American public say no to another unwanted sequel.

Since I first heard Smith wasn't in it, which was basically when I heard it was being made. :P

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

TDAT is awful awful awful. Some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen (at least until 2012). And I even sympathize with the eco-theme. But it's still awful. 

The ending of TDAT makes me laugh, I know they mean it to be inspirational, but after our main characters barely surviving the cold thanks to their knowledge, it turns out the whole city is full of survivors who had no idea what to do but still survived that.

Also, 2012

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The card set piece is worth twice the price  of admission alone. Way cooler than anything in any superhero this year

The card set piece is well done, but the ending twist is just way too stupid.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The card set piece is well done, but the ending twist is just way too stupid.

Its less abrasive than the twist in the first one (but then again maybe because I was expecting the twist to not make any sense this time)

If anyone is interested in my mini rant about IDR, and are not caring about spoilers, head to the RTM in about 15 minutes.

• Like 2

I think Pets will $70-75m OW which is on par with the non DM Illumination film The Lorax and also Zootopia. I think it'll fail to top $300m but over $200m+ for an original animated film is still good. 

Illumination has built a strong brand but I do think they need to take more risks and improve the storytelling because it's seems they're coasting along with each film

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Pets will $70-75m OW which is on par with the non DM Illumination film The Lorax and also Zootopia. I think it'll fail to top $300m but over $200m+ for an original animated film is still good. 

Illumination has built a strong brand but I do think they need to take more risks and improve the storytelling because it's seems they're coasting along with each film

And their animation is very subpar....

• Like 2