WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Just now, filmlover said:

Or if Blake Lively would've been topless the whole time, which would've led to a $100M+ opening.

I mean that wouldn't have hurt but spoiler alert her tits and ass are front and center in the film so yea  :popcorn:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Up to $20m was reported when the movie was announced.  Hopefully, it didn't hit that upper limit.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/matthew-mcconaughey-gary-ross-free-state-of-jones-stx-entertainment-1201268420/

Oh ok, that's good if it's still the same. They can remain in the green by a lot.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, this movie should've probably easily had a $100M+ opening, at least on paper.

The first one isn't that beloved. You could call it a fad. Men in Black 3 didn't touch the original when you adjusted inflation. Sequels to movies that were big hits in the nineties like Armageddon, Twister, Deep Impact, True Lies, the Lethal Weapon movies, Home Alone, Robin Hood wouldn't necessarily be guaranteed huge hits. Maybe we overestimate 90s nostalgia at the box office? I didn't even like IDR by the way.

Edited by pieman

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well it could. Depends on what the weekend number is. If the WOM is strong a 4x could happen..

we might have to hold off on pinning threads for a little bit as there are too many of them. We have to move a few first.

A 4x for a horror movie isn't happening. Best case scenario is Conjuring legs which isn't likely.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, pieman said:

The first one isn't that beloved. You could call it a fad. Men in Black 3 didn't touch the original when you adjusted inflation. Sequels to movies that were big hits in the nineties like Armageddon, Twister, Deep Impact, True Lies, the Lethal Weapon movies, Home Alone, Robin Hood wouldn't necessarily be guaranteed huge hits. Maybe we overestimate 90s nostalgia at the box office? 

Or, maybe we underestimate dinosaur theme parks, eh?

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I feel the same way. There was way more blood in it than a typical PG-13 film. The only way it would have been rated R is if Blake Lively was just cursing left and right which would have been completely unnecessary. 

I mean if I were in that situation I think I'd be swearing my ass off

• Like 1