WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

3 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Same would have probably been said about ID:R not too long ago, though. Not sure OS can be counted on to save suck-fests as much as it once did. 

After all, being foreign doesn't impare people's ability to recognize when soemthing is aweful.

That's true but I'm also basing it on the fact that the past Transformers films have done really well OS. But I think thinks could be changing for the better and I hope by next summer all these stupid films keep bombing so we actually get good movies. 

24 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm so glad this is happening. Studio execs are already rethinking some things. Hell, they may have canceled Pitch Perfect 3 because of it. 

They'll find some other way to avoid being original, of course, but less unnecessary sequels is a good thing. 

I really hope Ghostbusters bombs.

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

All decades have good and bad films. About the music, the 90s were the harbinger of doom. It was the start of talentless rappers and their fuckawful "music" having consistent major success, and Britney Spears not only getting a record contract but eventually racking up two RIAA certified Diamond albums was the death knell which proved that there were no standards left among record execs or record buyers.

tumblr_lp1unrOdGg1qaclw9.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mi8i5n0eY61rcahwvo1_500.gif

14 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

People give it grief, but the fact CW grossed 400 mil is impressive considering this summer has been shitty. Cept for Dory.

Yup the highest grossing summer movie outside Dory and CW was Apocalypse with only 150 m. 

Which is no where close to 400 m. :apocalypse:

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I'm not feeling the Ghostbusters bombage, but then again I didn't sniff the ID2 whiff until the week off.....

I'm not either. 

I've heard tracking is at $40-50 million and fully expect critics to go easy on it. I think it will do fine.