Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

25 minutes ago, Frozen said:

14. But as was said above, no UK or Australia yet. 

I struggle to see more then USD7m out of Australia for CI.  That would be a performance matching Domestic of AUD10m 

Edited by DeeCee

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Southpaw is premiering on Showtime right now. I'm watching it for the first time. Please tell me it's actually worth the hype

Hype? Did I missed something?

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Southpaw is premiering on Showtime right now. I'm watching it for the first time. Please tell me it's actually worth the hype

There's hype around that film? I must have missed that. 

7 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Really?  Let's compare the flops to the success stories:

THE FLOPS/DISAPPOINTMENTS:

Teenage Mutant Flopping Turtles

Flopstar

Now You Flop Me 2

Flopcraft

Flop State of Jones

Independence Day: Flopsurgence

The Flop Demon

The Big Flopping Giant

The Legend of Flopzan

FILMS THAT DID WELL:

Me Before You

The Conjuring 2

Central Intelligence

Finding Dory

The Shallows

The Purge: Election Year

9 flops compared to 6 success stories.  It hasn't recovered

June did better than May, but wasn't as big as 2015. July is going off to a promising start with Purge 3, and  Tarzan doing over $30 million each and over $35 million 4-day each. Dory is being a solid holdover. Pets should debut between $65-$75 million next weekend, Dory should do $20-$25 million for the weekend next weekend, Tarzan and Purge should do between $15-$17 million each for the weekend, The BFG and Mike & Dave do $10-$12 million do each next weekend. Then Ghostbusters next weekend does at least $45-$50 million, Pets does $35-40 million, Dory is at $13-$15 million. Star Trek 3 does $60 million, Ice Age 5 does $40 million, Ghostbusters does $25 million, Lights Out does $20 million. Jason Bourne does $60 million, Star Trek 3 does $24 million, Ice Age 5 does $20 million, Bad Moms also does $20 million. July won't be record breaking but solid. 

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Pete's Dragon and Suicide Squad will be the last ones before Legend Hanks blesses us in early September.

As long as we get a Mendelsohn Cape theme for Rogue One

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

As long as we get a Mendelsohn Cape theme for Rogue One

I will try my best when the time comes.

I am sure we will get 4 wallpapers of Rogue One. 

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Not for the film itself but there's Gyllenhaal stans who cannot stop praising his performance in this

His performance is better than what Eminem would have brought to the table. 

22 minutes ago, department store basement said:

It's an average movie. Jake is good in it, but that's about it. Story is really cliched.  

Edited by Empire

6 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Not for the film itself but there's Gyllenhaal stans who cannot stop praising his performance in this

He gives a good performance in both that and Demolition, but neither movie is very good. 

• Like 1