Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Yes. And I expect it to do horribly. Love the cast but...no.

Seriously is Christopher Walken supposed to be playing the same character from Click.

Edited by Rman823

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Founder should do decently with the lack of options for older audiences this summer even if it's just ok. Nine Lives could definitely bomb but I'm thinking 12/28 right now

Lack of films for older audiences, doesn't mean they'll rush out to see everything. I think The Founder will succeed and die by how successful Weinstein is in promoting in. Something tells they won't push it much.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Sausage Party looks hilarious but I know most of the GA won't be on board for such an "out-there" concept. Seems more likely to do similar business to The Nice Guys (another movie the Internet championed and the GA couldn't be moved to care about) than to blow up.

Never know though, audiences flock to some weird shit. The Nice Guys bombed because audiences were wrapped other titles. If The Nice Guys were released in the fall like September or October it would do great. The summer just wasn't the best for it. Comedies are usually a great time in August most of the time. We"re The Millers, 40-Year Old Virgin, Let's Be Cops, Superbad, Tropic Thunder, and Pineapple Express all did great in August. Also with Sony doing great so far money wise this summer they shouldn't be in any hurt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The head of Weinstein's marketing quit earlier this year. That's why they had to push back Amityville (AGAIN!) from April to January.

Are you really that excited for that piece of shit? 

Pete's Dragon I assume has a similar budget to Cinderella of $95-100m, the real expense is the dragon. 

Sausage Party I think will be $15-20m OW at best, would like it to over $30m but i think the premise might put off adults. 

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Are you really that excited for that piece of shit? 

I have no interest in it. But I'm positive a trailer for it landed back in 2014. Just release the fucking thing and get it over with.

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Pete's Dragon I assume has a similar budget to Cinderella of $95-100m, the real expense is the dragon. 

Sausage Party I think will be $15-20m OW at best, would like it to over $30m but i think the premise might put off adults. 

I think Sausage Party was made for 35-40m, so 15-20m  would be a good opening for it. 

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I think Sausage Party was made for 35-40m, so 15-20m  would be a good opening for it. 

That's pretty cheap for an animated film although I think it was made by Imageworks and Nitrogen Animation who are both based in Vancouver so the tax breaks likely reduced the budget. 

43 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

For a moment I thought it read PETE'S SAUSAGE.

38 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

chris-hansen.jpg

We arranged via the internet for a "special screening" of Finding Dory for these pervs.  Let's see their reaction with our hidden cameras when the trailer for "Pete's Saugage" rolls.

Edited by Porthos

59 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No, I am predicting good numbers for it. Different stuff. 35/140 or something like that. OS it should do 80-100M.

You also predicted a $100m OW for Zootopia. You weren't *ahem* stanning for that, either.