Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Purge movies are shit.  Conjuring movies are good.

What boggles my mind is that The Purge movies don't even have great reviews from critics or users. It's weird that this is the third film to consistently do well. Usually a franchise with the ratings that The Purge has would have fallen flat on its face.

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Who gives a shit if the weekend isn't the same? Weather is beautiful this weekend. Go outside.

Nope, we're getting rain this weekend/Monday. I'll be home getting my drink on while binge watching Preacher on AMC this Sunday.

200.gif

Dory's jump seems huge but its Thur is deflated, it needs about 15M to match Toy Story 3's Fri-Wed jump.

On the different note, JW's 3rd Fri is $14.7M, Avengers $15.2M, TFA $34.4M LOL for comparison 

Edited by bladels

1 minute ago, bladels said:

Dory's jump seems huge but its Thur is deflated, it needs about 15M to match Toy Story 3's Fri-Wed jump.

On the different note, JW's 3rd Fri is $14.7M

But it's only looking at like 33% drop for the 3 day, opposed to ts3 which dropped almost 50% on the same weekend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

But it's only looking at like 33% drop for the 3 day, opposed to ts3 which dropped almost 50% on the same weekend. 

Twilight and Airbender were bigger competition than this though

Also, the 4th fell on a Sunday and the 4th is not a good BO day.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

For the sake of my summer game, THE STUPID FISH BETTER NOT BEAT TDK

It's simple, we uh, fuck the fish.

If it's so simple, why have you done it?

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

• Like 5

Saw The Purge 3 today and liked it.  Wasn't quite as good as the second but with Grillo in it, it's good.  He's perfect for this film.  He's intense.  There's also two really great villains in the film that you can't wait to see get Purged.  

Also saw Tarzan.  I have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to spend 300 million dollars on a film about stopping slavery in 1880's Congo.  I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't like it.  It's just kind of bland.  

Having said that I'd love to see it hit 40 million this weekend.  I'll always pull for Blum and Platinum Dunes.

• Like 2