WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

If The BFG is Spielberg's The Good Dinosaur, will Ready Player One be his Finding Dory?

Pets is alright, there is a few great gags but it's a missed opportunity IMO. The Minions short however is very good, proving the Minions are great in small doses. 

Nah, it might be his Monster's University, though.

Not seeing any real reason why a Spielberg movie would be big just because it's a Spielberg movie.

I don't know why are people her upset about SLOP breaking IO record. I love movie breaking records weekends. Its jus so fun reading breaking record numbers (for any movie)  from the first friday to the first sunday when this cool opening weekends happens.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Not seeing any real reason why a Spielberg movie would be big just because it's a Spielberg movie.

It is also because Ready Player One is an international bestseller.

• Like 1

If the 35-36 number holds for Pets, then it should probably do about 95.  I think it will play well into the evening so the number will be closer to 38.

Wedding Dates did 1.5 last night and will most certainly go higher than 6 million today.  It's going to be a decent night time movie, so my bet is it goes closer to 7.

Dory will probably do about 22 so FTSBF.

Tarzan is not doing 15 million.  That means its expected to increase by about 20% today.  My guess is it will do 17 mill this weekend.

No idea about BDG.

Just now, edmkh said:

I don't know why are people her upset about SLOP breaking IO record. I love movie breaking records weekends. Its jus so fun reading breaking record numbers (for any movie)  from the first friday to the first sunday when this cool opening weekends happens.

Pretty sure if Pets was of equal or higher quality than Inside Out they wouldn't mind. 

Just now, Rman823 said:

Pretty sure if Pets was of equal or higher quality than Inside Out they wouldn't mind. 

It's not Pixar.  The loonies here are strong in their convictions so nothing will ever be as good as a pixar film.

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

The TROLLS trailer might be the single worst thing I've seen this year. 

clearly you haven't seen the Ice Age trailers.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The concept of Ready Player One is very appealing and I think Spielberg can pull it off. I imagine with Warner Bros' marketing muscle, it'll likely have a strong opening. 

Just now, cannastop said:

Divergent is also a bestseller.

It's not only that. The movie is made by Spielberg and the RPO novel is universally acclaimed, unlike Divergent so the movie will very likely get good/great reviews. Plus, it is distributed by the Warners as one of their top tentpoles so you can be sure they won't dump it like it happened with The BFG. Also, from this point of view, you can't compare WB and Lionsgate when it comes to marketing power and strategy.   

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen interviews with alicia vikander recently where she's talking about growing up watching the bourne franchise while matt damon is sitting next to her dying inside.

LMAO.

• Like 1