WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

does matt damon fuck alicia vikander in the new picture? she woulda been like 12 when identity dropped this is some SNL "meet your future wife" shit.

SNL's best sketch in a long time tumblr_nzpq50Wykp1rc7zl1o9_400.gif

58 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

March 2018 is going to have the three-punch combo of Wreck It Ralph, Deadpool, and RPO; all of them will be big hits.

I don't think WiR2 is going to be all that big. IMO they've taken too long for the sequel and the first movie wasn't exactly a huge hit either. RPO is a wildcard that could go either way (although right now I'm leaning more towards it being a big hit). Deadpool 2 is gonna slay everything, though I don't know how much higher it can go than the original (especially if it's R again).

On another note, that's a huge number for Pets. Animation continues to kick ass this year which is great to see. 300m+ is locked even with mediocre legs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

I don't think WiR2 is going to be all that big. IMO they've taken too long for the sequel and the first movie wasn't exactly a huge hit either. RPO is a wildcard that could go either way (although right now I'm leaning more towards it being a big hit). Deadpool 2 is gonna slay everything, though I don't know how much higher it can go than the original (especially if it's R again).

On another note, that's a huge number for Pets. Animation continues to kick ass this year which is great to see. 300m+ is locked even with mediocre legs.

I think that $200m domestic is a plausible goal for Wreck-It Ralph 2. It's Disney, so lots of people have it on video. People will know who the characters are. Plus, if the movie is really good, almost nothing can stop word of mouth.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think that $200m domestic is a plausible goal for Wreck-It Ralph 2. It's Disney, so lots of people have it on video. People will know who the characters are. Plus, if the movie is really good, almost nothing can stop word of mouth.

I agree that it should make more than the first movie ($200-250m). I just don't see it being another Zootopia-sized blockbuster. But as always with box office, we can't say for sure until the film is released.

• Like 1

The same parents who took their kids to see Deadpool and complained about it will take their kids to see Deadpool 2 because they'll assume they listened to their complaints and made it PG-13...little do they know. 

Just now, Nova said:

The same parents who took their kids to see Deadpool and complained about it will take their kids to see Deadpool 2 because they'll assume they listened to their complaints and made it PG-13...little do they know. 

I can't wait for parents to take their kids to see Sausage Party not knowing what to expect other than an animated movie lol.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I can't wait for parents to take their kids to see Sausage Party not knowing what to expect other than an animated movie lol.

Expect the same nonsense. I can't help but remember the lady who was yelling at the ticket booth saying "As a theater you guys need to do better job letting parents know this film isn't for kids!!" In which the booth attendant responded with "Well Deadpool is rated R ma'am." 

• Like 3

Pets was fun.

Surprisingly, it was mostly an audience filled with adults, but as I was leaving the theater, I saw a lot of kids buying tickets for the next showing.  Kind of odd that kids would see a 7:00 show rather than a 4:30 one, but whatever

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

My God I am watching Sharknado 3. This shit jumps straight into the action :lol: 

I actually considered watching that one because Universal is featured in it but it slipped off my radar. This gif is fucking HILARIOUS (Don't click it CJohn, wait to be surprised; also a bit NSFW)

Spoiler

tumblr_nry285KZQ61s2jfn0o1_400.gif

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

I'm over in the states at the moment. Saw BFG this afternoon. Fantastic movie. Criminal it's doing so poorly. 

Although the movie seemed much more suited to Thanksgiving/Christmas. 

The film is great though. Will be treasured in future years once people actually see it. 

• Like 2