WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The BFG is almost guaranteed to be Spielberg's first flop in a while. Bad release date and awful marketing combined for this result. Also, the movie looked like no one above the age of 5 would be interested in watching it.

Maybe Roald Dahl is box office poison, the biggest Dahl adaptation featured Depp and Burton at the height of their powers. Or maybe audiences have grown too cynical for Dahl.

I think Dahl can still succeed, I'm surprised no studio have ever considered doing The Twits as a film

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Dahl can still succeed, I'm surprised no studio have ever considered doing The Twits as a film

Yeah, why haven't studios fallen over themselves to make a movie out of a minor Dahl book?

Dahl isn't box office poison as much as all of his most popular stories have already been filmed.

16 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So in other words, an animated movie. 

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Save your money. They're both whack.

The joys of MoviePass is that I only waste time, not money. The issue is finding time for both because here's my next few days

Sat - BFG

Sun - Jurassic Park

Mon - Swiss Army Man

Tues - The Purge: Election Year

Hopefully I can see The Shallows before it leaves

Can Pets increase today from its 33M Friday #?  

Zootopia averaged $8,267 on Saturday. 

Pets would have to increase 9.48% to match that. 

Despicable Me increased less than 1/2% from its REAL Friday $.

Ice Age 4 only increased 1.4%

Even Despicable Me 2's real Wed # was its highest grossing day.

SO I JUST DO NOT KNOW!!!

4 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

The joys of MoviePass is that I only waste time, not money. The issue is finding time for both because here's my next few days

Sat - BFG

Sun - Jurassic Park

Mon - Swiss Army Man

Tues - The Purge: Election Year

Hopefully I can see The Shallows before it leaves

I'm over IO. :P 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm over IO. :P 

in that case

On 1/7/2012 at 4:26 PM, Telemachos said:

Dammit, Noctis, stop agreeing with me!

My first viewing of WALL-E was on a teeny production monitor, crappy low-quality resolution, unfinished animation in places, and temp music in spots. It still moved me to tears.

The first half is absolutely amazing and I'd put it up there with the very best science-fiction films ever. It's just a masterpiece of concise, visually-driven storytelling. The second half is a bit more pedestrian and conventional, but still wildly entertaining. And then, of course, the ending is an emotional knock-out, just perfectly executed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The BFG is almost guaranteed to be Spielberg's first flop in a while. Bad release date and awful marketing combined for this result. Also, the movie looked like no one above the age of 5 would be interested in watching it.

Maybe Roald Dahl is box office poison, the biggest Dahl adaptation featured Depp and Burton at the height of their powers. Or maybe audiences have grown too cynical for Dahl.

They need to reboot The Witches. 

tumblr_muyz5oUYJb1qdojzho2_500.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dahl isn't box office poison. People just weren't interested in seeing in The BFG, pretty simple.

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Interesting article from Variety about Ghostbusters marketing

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ghostbusters-female-reboot-marketing-challenges-1201810847/

Looks like Ghostbusters will be another ID4 2 domestically and doesn't have the guarantee of international box office saving it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Looks like Ghostbusters will be another ID4 2 domestically and doesn't have the guarantee of international box office saving it 

Especially because there are whispers that it might not pass the Chinese censors :ph34r:

• Like 1