grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

3 hours ago, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

lmao I just noticed The Infiltrator had a 773k opening day :lol: 

They dumped it. I honestly don't know why the fuck it got a wide release opening in the first place. It always going to tank.

3 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Well that didn't work out too well in 1989 now did it? :P

Well, true.  But look at all the things they did prior to 1989 where it did work.  And the mrketing for the sequel would be on autopilot when you could put their two names in the trailer.

16 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Yeah I don't see Feig being allowed to carry a huge tentpole if this flops but I highly doubt he won't be able to do more of his signature comedies.

I'm sure Feig will be asked to do a tentpole in the future, he's capable of doing as evident with this and Spy. The only reason Ghostbusters is as expensive as it is that it'd been in development for so long, the salaries plus it's SFX heavy. 

Awwwwww yeahhhhh go Canada! Can anyone guess which famous opening scroll I'm watching thanks to Canadian Netflix? ;)

"Luke Skywalker has vanished..." LET'S GO BABY SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW HOURS!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Awwwwww yeahhhhh go Canada! Can anyone guess which famous opening scroll I'm watching thanks to Canadian Netflix? ;)

"Luke Skywalker has vanished..." LET'S GO BABY SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW HOURS!

I have the Blu-Ray. I could care less about it coming to Netflix.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, true.  But look at all the things they did prior to 1989 where it did work.  And the mrketing for the sequel would be on autopilot when you could put their two names in the trailer.

I think the problem there is that Ivan Reitman's career has been largely irrelevant the past two decades so his name wouldn't hold much recognition. Same with Aykroyd to a smaller extent, given how scarce he is these days.

33 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Founder got moved to December.

Good to know! 

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It just got moved to the end of the year.

It's days like these that I wish BOM updated release dates more regularly. :lol:

If so, I could see Florence Foster Jenkins doing better than expected. 

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

some other comparisons

Pacific Rim made 3.6 million and 37 million opening weekend

Ant-Man made 6.4 and 57 opening weekend

Rogue Nation made 4 million and 55.5 opening weekend

based on this I would say under 50m. 

Pacific Rim is not a good comparison, IMO. That movie had a much bigger sense of fanboy appeal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

88d97dfb7525820910e1349529d91735.png

They're trying so hard :lol: 

Comparing it to a Christmas flop from over 4 years ago. Desperate, desperate, desperate.

They dumped it. I honestly don't know why the fuck it got a wide release opening in the first place. It always going t