grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

I hope it can hit 50.  Seeing it tonight but after the ridiculous and sexist shit storm it went through I just want it find some kind of success.  If it hypothetically were to hit 50/140 or so, I hope the studio would have enough faith to try a sequel knowing the volatility has mostly subsided and let it have a fair start at making a franchise.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yup. I feel like this movie in particular will be popular OS. I don't know. Just a hunch. His movies tend to do okay to well maybe not always domestically but they typically get to the $50-60M WW at the least. 

I imagine it'll do well OS, Irrational Man didn't but it wasn't a great film anyway. 

14 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The same people were bitching about the latter two as well, they just weren't as noticeable amongst the rabid Star wars fans and mad critical praise. 

What were they bitching about?

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Deadline strikes again

20th Century Fox’s Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates is expected to fall 50% in its second weekend with a three-day of $11M-plus.

Which is 50% or 11m? it cant be both.  Im thinking 8m+

Deadline be like:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I find it interesting that Woody Allen hasn't had a film open wide on its first weekend since Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Amazon and Lionsgate were going to do it for Cafe Society but decided to opt for a limited release first. I know it's common for awards contenders to open limited then expand, I assume in the case of Cafe Society and Absolutely Fabulous, the audience is niche hence why it's safer to open limited then expand if the PTA gross is good

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Variety say $18,000,000 friday for Ghostbusters and $45m weekend, PETS $15m Friday for $50m weekend.

15M for Pets would be right where expected. Would lead to 51-52M.

• Like 1

Seeing Ghostbusters in about an hour and a half :) Will let you all know what I think. The show I'm going to is 2D, have you heard anything good about 3D? Wouldn't want to miss out on anything ;)

• Like 1