baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

4 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Here's how I knew Star Trek Beyond got it- in the opening scenes of space and at the moonbase, it made me actually feel wonder at the possibility of this being a real thing. It made the majesty and awe of space and futuristic sci fi technology actually make me feel something, instead of just being an endless loud canvas of pointless action. 

The introduction to Yorktown was amazing. The look of it, the camera work "flowing" through showing it off and of course the music. Just all around fantastic.

• Like 1

I know both Star Trek movies were surprisingly backloaded despite the geek nature of the material....yet STB increasing on first Sat in fucking July is something absurd and unheard of.

Good weekend overall. Cheers.

For the final big 3 of the Summer i could see this

Suicide Squad: 125/405

Star Trek Beyond: 63/185

Jason Bourne: 54/155

I think Fox isnt worry too much about Ice Age DOM. OS is what matters at this point. Its decreasing everywhere, but a decrease from a huge amount made from the previous. So 400+ OS at the end will save the day for a 105m budgeted 4th sequel.

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Anybody else really turned off by the way the action was shot? A major weight on the movie for me, in spite of easily the reboot series' best script. 

what movie? Can't be worse than Civil War shakey cam action, which was unwatchable

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

what movie? Can't be worse than Civil War shakey cam action, which was unwatchable

Maybe the first set piece only and is still a kick ass action sequence, the camera on the rest of the movie works fine. Russo's style is very cool imo. Civil War didnt top Winter Soldier though imo.

Edited by picores

so looks like the WC didn't deliver on the bigger numbers but that is still a very respectable Saturday for Trek.

Good bumps for the rest about +35% for Pets / Ghost / Dory

IA is almost flat will be at 15m + Sunday should get right at 20m for the weekend.

Saw Trek again today. Enjoyed it more, but still had some issues. 7/10.

Also saw Ice Age. Not great but nothing outright bad about it. Just a piece of entertaining fluff for kids; although since I've known some of these characters since I was a little kid, I've got a bit of a warm place for them. Pegg was the best thing about the film however. 6/10