MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

24 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

I love how the bimonthly ABC Family/Freeform Harry Potter weekend inevitably skips a movie and hopes you don't notice. They show some of the movies more than once so it's not an issue of fitting them all in from Friday to Sunday. This time, OotP, before it would often be GoF. Usually, the odd movie out ends up being in the HBO lineup at the time and I guess there are conflicts with the rights. Wonder how FB will be worked into the lineup in a few years...

Nice numbers for Bourne...I wonder if a James Bond movie is simply going to be called James Bond at some point?

After 7-8 years, a movie that debuted on HBO goes back to HBO for a little while, hence missing out on one movie.

In 2019-2020, they might not have Deathly Hallows for a period of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Can you fucking guys take this Harry Potter discussion somewhere else?  I log back on and see a bunch of new pages thinking there might be box office talk and end up scrolling through 8 pages of bullshit.  

Are those Bourne numbers accurate?

I'm firm in Fellowship being my favorite. It was the first, the most fun, and simply a joy. I'm also just as firm in my belief that Two Towers is the best film. The last 20 minutes or so, from when the Ents march on Saruman, to the last ride of Rohan, and Samwise's epic speech is about as perfect as cinema gets to me. Brilliant.

I never could properly sort out the Potter books from the movies. The first two are simple reads, and they are simplistic films. HBP is a sloppy read, and it's a sloppy film. Mostly I just watched them with an eye on seeing the novels come to life, and while I have major quibbles, they all mostly hit the broad strokes (sometimes too broad but whatever). Goblet of Fire is the quintessential Potter book to me, and I don't think Rowling ever outdid it as far as plotting and story. The film hits bumps, but I really enjoyed it in the main. The graveyard scene was goosebumpy,

• Like 1