MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I freakin' knew @Baumer would love Bad Moms. Now I need him on board the Kathryn Hahn Best Supporting Actress 2016 train as well.

100%.  Yep, she was the best thing about the movie.

July 2016 overall brought in a solid $1.370.5 billion which is the best ever for a July since 2013, and the third best month of all-time!             Universal/Illumnation Entertainment's original film The Secret Life Of Pets led the month with a very solid $296.8 million domestic, and should make around $350 million total!                                                    In second place, holdover Finding Dory made $138.7 million for the month of July and has grossed an amazing total near $470 million domestic and should come close to $500 million domestic total.             At the beginning of the month, The Legend Of Tarzan surprised the month with a total of $121.8 million and a solid $311 million worldwide. A total of about $130 million and near $350 million worldwide which would be a win for Warner Bros.     other successes for the month include Star Trek:Beyond($106.4 million), The Purge:Election Year($78.3 million), Jason Bourne($59.2 3-days), Mike & Dave:Need Wedding Dates($43.9 million), Lights Out($42.8 million), and Bad Moms($23.8 million 3-days).        Two other holdovers helped out the month as well, Central Intelligence made $45.8 million for the month of July and has overall grossed a solid $125.3 million, and Independence Day:Resurgance also $45.8 million and with a so-so $101.9 million.                                                   But a month can't be without its bombs, Ghostbusters had a solid debut but has died out with a total of $106.4 million and hasn't been doing much better overseas. Ghostbusters might break even worldwide but not enough for a franchise.                                                  The BFG made an atrocious  $52.1 million total and less than $100 million worldwide on a $140 million budget($185 including P&A costs). It also marks as Steven Speilberg's lowest grossing film since Munich($47.4 million) which had better attendance even.                             Ice Age:Collison Course also crashed and burned with a total of $42.5 million domestic and will make $55 million domestic but most likely north of $60 million domestic, with even overseas making more money it marks as the lowest grossing entry of the franchise(ouch).                             

Overall 2016 has made $6.954.3 billion so far which is up 3.1% at this point last year! With July doing solid business, August could actually come close to or even outgross August 2014's  record with Suicide Squad going anywhere from expectations to $145-$150 million OW. With Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts, Doctor Strange, Moana, Sing, and Rogue One:A Star Wars Story 2016 could become the new record breaking year! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I actually think that one is going to get made somehow, Pacific Rim style.

They'll have to skew it far more to China to get it made in hopes the B.O. there explodes and I assume they get a better cut than US studios or even that won't help)

PR made a far greater percentage of it's WW take outside of China and in the US where in addition to a better B.O. split the ancillary is so much greater. 

$1 earned in the U.S. box office is eventually worth approx seven times $1 in b.o. in China to US studios.  International TV rights outside of China are also very lucrative

Warcraft:  $433m WW/ $47.2m/ $220.8m China

China: 51.23%

U.S.:  10.9%

PR:   $411m WW/ $101.8m Dom/ $111.9m China

China: 27.2%

US: 24%

Edited by TalismanRing

40 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

In all seriousness he's a much better actor than a B-list action star. Hopefully his agent can make better use of his talents that doesn't just chase the $$$.

But he's just not a leading man and I don't think he'll ever be one. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

And Matt Damon makes an appearance in this.517H4C605EL.jpg

I own that DVD, the director's commentary by the co-directors is actually really good. Matt Damon's cameo is by far the most out of nowhere cameo ever

• Like 3