MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not really a spoiler alert: other than the destruction of the ship shown in the trailers, there's very little in the way of space battles in this one.

Which makes it even harder to explain how they spent 185M in it. 

2 minutes ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

If you're not a Chinese company, China BO  isn't worth nearly as much as elsewhere. Not just theatrically, there's basically no ancillary revenue from China. 

Luckily for Legendary, they belong to a Chinese company ;) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some of the best TOS episodes didn't have space battles in them.

The key word here is "episodes". Paramount went with the lower budget approach before -- it failed because audiences didn't really care to watch glorified TV episodes that didn't feel like events to see on the big screen. 

Which isn't to say they couldn't try to rein in the budgets a bit, but let's be honest: they're trying to make tentpoles here. You need the requisite budget. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

So what s the verdict on Ghostbusters anyway ?

Flop ?

Success ?

In Between ?

It will end at what, sub 150m dom ?

Sony will probably have a profit sometime during his homevideo/VOD/TV run. But it is far from a success. It is closer to a flop than a success, it won't even double his budget WW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

X-men's future prospects are better than Trek's.

All they have to do is add more Deadpool to guarantee 600+ m for X-men sequels and spin offs.

Deadpool will become Fox's Iron Man.

X-Men with that cast is dead. A reboot in the present day to be able to crossover with Deadpool is the obvious next step. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

We really need to stop using the word "flop". 95% of the time it's being used incorrectly. 

I AM GONNA SPORT THIS MAJESTIC JW AVATAR UNTIL THE END OF TIMES JUST TO FUCK WITH YOUR HEAD!!! :sarah: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

X-men's future prospects are better than Trek's.

All they have to do is add more Deadpool to guarantee 600+ m for X-men sequels and spin offs.

Deadpool will become Fox's Iron Man.

Not sure if serious.

X-Men is parabole of any type of outcast people on Earth, taking its roots in very serious matters like the Holocaust, and you want an iteration of X-Men to talk about blowjobs and 13 yo juvenile humor ?

Not sure Bryan Singer agrees wit this.

:unsure:

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure if serious.

X-Men is parabole of any type of outcast people on Earth, taking its roots in very serious matters like the Holocaust, and you want an iteration of X-Men to talk about blowjobs and 13 yo juvenile humor ?

Bryan Singer was probably already fired. 

• Like 1

Bad Moms officially has the weirdest customers ever. I'm not a female expert but I'm pretty sure I've been hit on by 2 different women probably in their early twenties. One asked when I was going back to school and I said "well I start grade 12 in September" and her friend started laughing and said "he's in high school!"

The girl (woman?) was kinda embarrassed at that point and was like "I'm so, so sorry!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure if serious.

Singer

Blow-Jobs

Juvenile

Nah. Too easy.

• Like 1

Also, the two new openers are both bringing in some solid business at my theatre tonight. Not bad at all, although the late shows will be more telling how their Friday business actually is.