CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

20 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Speaking of the '90s, Nine Lives would have been way more successful in that decade.

Still probably would have flopped. A lot of weird silly shit even flopped back then.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

11:40 right now, I'll probably crash in 20 minutes like I have the past two or three nights lol

I am planning on crashing right now. I don't want to be here when Rth says the horrible numbers Bourne and Trek are doing today.

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

Green Lantern is on right now. Reynolds just yelled "By the power of Greyskull!" at the lantern and the damned thing zapped him. Served his ass right. :nudgewink:

I'm watching that too! I watched Suicide Squad earlier and now I'm watching another shitty DC film. Although SS is the shittier of the two. I just keep coming back to them though...I can't help but watch any comic book film.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

This post gets 100 likes I'll post a nude

Your best course of action is to laugh hysterically at nothing for a few hours, puke, then go to sleep. 

Edited by Talkie
  • Like 3

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Still probably would have flopped. A lot of weird silly shit even flopped back then.

Maybe. Air Bud though was successful enough to spawn a franchise. And Dr. Lolittle was a blockbuster hit. 

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think this is falling short of $140M. 

$64M means a $43.5M Friday. I don't think its staying flat Saturday. Probably $41-42M. And then Sunday $33M for a $138M weekend. 

I also will be surprised if this movie stays flat tomorrow. The negative word of mouth is starting to get out looking at social media and twitter.

Curious where it lands on Cinemascore. I think it will be higher then BVS.

But yeah, it was always going to open big. The marketing secured that. Harley Quinn's first live on screen appearance secured that.

That 27% couldn't keep me out of theaters so I don't blame people who were excited for it. The question is, is how well it holds after this. There's no competition really. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can't name any songs beyond I Want it That Way :lol:

"I'll NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART". I actually remember that song because I used to own a radio disney complication cds back in the day, and that song was included in it. I used to play it over and over again, to the point of cracking up.

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I think it's about some guy who worked for the army then quit and in the stories he like investigates crimes and helps people.

Kind of like the Equalizer. Which incidentally is another franchise Hollywood is hoping will stick but won't.

I'm not even sure Equalizer II will actually get made.

• Like 1