CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Nova said:

Weren't you one of the ones predicting some ginormous weekend and that the rest of us were underestimating how big this was going to open up?

Yes and you were. Very few here predicted 65m+ OD. That was despite already getting dragged through the mud on RT all week. SS was going to be massive, and then they dropped that movie on us. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yes and you were. Very few here predicted 65m+ OD. That was despite already getting dragged through the mud on RT all week. SS was going to be massive, and then they dropped that movie on us. 

I'm sorry, honestly. I guess you didn't know it was going to be THAT bad. You'd probably have been right, had it actually been a good movie. 

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Don't see why this will fall 33.3% since it's not Easter. More like 26-27% I think.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

BvS Sunday was Easter Sunday, I think it won't be as bad as that

CA:CW had a Sunday drop of -30.7%, for what its worth.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

CA:CW had a Sunday drop of -30.7%, for what its worth.

Schools were still in session, so Sunday would have heavier drops (and better Saturdays)

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

So, we're looking at about 8-9 million drop from the true 45 million Friday. That's approximately 20% How much of that was Friday inflation due to free tickets? And how much of that is due to poor WOM or poor RT attrition? 

I always though the T-Mobile tickets would inflate Friday and my guess was it would lead to a Sat drop. 

But if you take that T-Mobile boost away it makes the Thur previews even more front loaded in comparison to the w/e. 

That could be due to reviews, WOM or just that it's skewing toward younger adults and teens so it would tend toward front loaded-ness.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ugh, why couldn't Nolan have just spared us the Interstellar mumbo jumbo and masterminded this whole DCEU first phase? 

no thank you, he is better than this superhero stuff. 

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Schools were still in session, so Sunday would have heavier drops (and better Saturdays)

As long as it does sub 130, I don't particularly care how it gets there. ;):P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Stupid fucking fish!!!! if Dory beats the OW lol

IIRC, Baumer didn't even think SS was hitting 100 OW, so again he'll probably still say what an amazing achievement this is, blah blah blah. 

Anything is amazing out of proper context. If I go tell some random person on the street that an indie movie they've never heard of made millions of dollars this weekend they'd probably be in awe and think that was huge. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, Porthos said:

As long as it does sub 130, I don't particularly care how it gets there. ;):P

With RTH's current range, I think it'll just miss. Maybe could get there with the high end but not likely.

• Like 1