CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Looks like it's going to follow Star Wars for previews. If I extrapolate that for the rest of the weekend we get a $62.1M opening at my theatre. Granted, this initial frontloadedness shouldn't matter too much, and I expect it to be a bit leggier than Star Wars over the weekend. Still, 100M looks like the tops for us. Upper limit.

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I Think it'll do better than 13M in general, but 13M at my theatre. I'm going to say 17 is the number that comes out tomorrow.

I agree. My friends theater is always a little behind but not by much when it's comes to Blockbuster films like this. I personally have it at $19-21M but if it came in at a number lower I wouldn't be surprised either. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Hopefully nobody under the age of 10.

And yet there were many under the age of 10 who went and saw Deadpool (at the theater I was at).

Edited by TheMovieman

1 hour ago, Truckasaurus said:

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here.

Nine Lives embargo has dropped! :ohmyzod:

and just 1 review came out. its like they haven't bothered to get around to it

oh, just in case your wondering, its negative

"Barry Sonnefeld, if you're in some type of trouble, blink twice if you need help."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

And yet there were many under the age of 10 who went and saw Deadpool (at the theater I was at).

Parents just never learn sadly. Well at least it's cool for the kids, (referring to Deadpool here) I didn't get to see my first r rated film unless I was 13 because my mom was quite strict.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

and just 1 review came out. its like they haven't bothered to get around to it

oh, just in case your wondering, its negative

"Barry Sonnefeld, if you're in some type of trouble, blink twice if you need help."

LOL

Also, Variety:

"Really, though, one would be hard-pressed to think of a contemporary movie form more torturous to sit through than the cutesy-wacky anthropomorphic celebrity-voiced pet comedy. The thing that's so excruitating about films like "Garfield: The Movie," "Cats & Dogs," "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," or the new "Nine Lives" is not that they're comedies about talking animals. It's that they're made by people laboring under the delusion that an animal who talks is in itself funny. News flash: it is not. It's funny only if you believe that the zaniest special-effects comedy of 1964 starring the voice of Shecky Green is funny."

And THR:

"In Barry Sonnenfeld's feline-themed Nine Lives, [Christopher Walken] humbles an arrogant businessman by turning him into a pussy (literally). Americans may wish they could pull a similar trick on a certain real-life (alleged) billionaire real-estate tycoon; the odds of that happening are only a little worse than those that they'll enjoy this dud."

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

So in how many hours can we expect some preview numbers? Also, this is making more than 20m on midnights. Mark my words.

It just hit me that I have to leave for a mountain trip today. I might not get web service and I'm dying! I NEED to be here to say I TOLD YOU SO! I FUCKIN NEED IT!!!!

And is anyone else experiencing crashes with this forum?  In the last day it was quite bad.

49 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Parents just never learn sadly. Well at least it's cool for the kids, (referring to Deadpool here) I didn't get to see my first r rated film unless I was 13 because my mom was quite strict.

It actually surprised me because sitting behind me there were four kids: 2 were boys, maybe 12-14 and then two girls who were like 6-10 and sitting with them was their dad (I assume maybe a couple of them were friends of his kids). That must've been one awkward watch. Although I did overhear the little girl give the movie an A. :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

It actually surprised me because sitting behind me there were four kids: 2 were boys, maybe 12-14 and then two girls who were like 6-10 and sitting with them was their dad (I assume maybe a couple of them were friends of his kids). That must've been one awkward watch. Although I did overhear the little girl give the movie an A. :lol:

Probably thought that the costume characters were "cool". Still, Suicide Squad is no doubt tame when compared to Deadpool, like what parent would bring their nine or eight year old to that? Unless they were too lazy to hire a babysitter, or simply couldn't give any fucks.

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

20M is low? lol, what are you predicting?

A realistic take given tracking and social media strength 

oh yes, these are the boards who thought Jurassic world would only open to 125m

Edited by excel1