CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

6 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

Not sure but given BvS made $95M, I'd say $60-80M probably.

I'm sticking to my $16m previews and $54m OD predictions, but I love the film and I hope it has enough gas to make more domestically than Batman v Superman. Do I know how much the audiences will eat it up? Not sure, but I do love it and I want it to do well. 

13 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Not getting a CHina release. Thats going to affect OS numbers. What are the predictions now for that?

http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/china-unlikely-suicide-squad-release-1201830993/

Still 500m+. France, South Korea, Russia, Sweden (the only ones we have ACTUAL number for till now) opened way above BvS and CW (the only exception is South Korea, where it outopened BvS by far, but is behind CW because that being a phenomenon). Australia and NZ apparently had the 2nd biggest OD of the year, behind only BvS.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm sticking to my $16m previews and $54m OD predictions, but I love the film and I hope it has enough gas to make more domestically than Batman v Superman. Do I know how much the audiences will eat it up? Not sure, but I do love it and I want it to do well. 

Thos would be pathetically low

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

DCU grades:

1. Man of Steel

2. Batman vs. Superman

3. Suicide Squad

The trend does not look good for Wonder Woman

Same as mine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nova said:

MoS was far and away better than BvS, imo. I didn't like it before but it's certainly grown on me.

I think you just lowered your expectations after BvS.

MOS is more a traditional superhero movie I can see why people prefer it, they only got bold with the ending which turned some people off. With BVS God Snyder gone all fanboy and made a dream movie for any DC fan. Suicide Squad is a mess, but I believe Ayer tried to make a crowd-pleasing movie while WB had another idea of how to please audiences and those conflicting ideas resulted in that mess, I hope to see the director's cut. It's not hard to make a movie that everyone will enjoy, you don't need an experienced director and Patty Jenkins can definitely pull it off. Will it be a remarkable or a forgettable movie, though?

Edited by Napoleon

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

Thos would be pathetically low

How so?  You're saying a 16M preview would be low?  In what world.?

• Like 2

Without China 700M WW is a big win imo - 250 dom /450 os/700 ww (ie. keeping in mind increase in buzz in last month or two. else would have been happy with 600-650M WW). With China would have expected 250 dom/500 os/750 ww.

It is the wonderful marketing that turned things around. Otherwise in the beginning of the year the expectations were not that high.

On a 175M budget  - slightly below the budget of movies like APOC, TREK 3, TARZAN - the bar for success is lower than BVS or CW with their 250M odd budget and A-list expectations from the very beginning.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

How so?  You're saying a 16M preview would be low?  In what world.?

A 54M OD is pathetic Baumer, didn't you know? Especially for an original superhero movie about characters the GA doesn't know besides Harley and Joker. 

• Like 6

Just now, CJohn said:

A 54M OD is pathetic Baumer, didn't you know? Especially for an original superhero movie about characters the GA doesn't know besides Harley and Joker. 

Yes, my bad.  Silly me.

• Like 3