CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

5 hours ago, babz06 said:

Not getting a CHina release. Thats going to affect OS numbers. What are the predictions now for that?

http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/china-unlikely-suicide-squad-release-1201830993/

The studio only gets like 1/4 of the money from China anyways, so even if it performed along the lines of BvS, it would only bring in like $25m to the studio.

Some of you guys have lost perspective.  @keysersoze123 before presales were reported, you were thinking it was going to open to about 100 mill.  Now you are calling a 100 mill OW disappointing?  WTF.

IMO, based on international numbers and sellouts it will open to more than 15M for previews.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Some of you guys have lost perspective.  @keysersoze123 before presales were reported, you were thinking it was going to open to about 100 mill.  Now you are calling a 100 mill OW disappointing?  WTF.

IMO, based on international numbers and sellouts it will open to more than 15M for previews.

I predicted 160m before the reviews came out. I was not expecting a classic but at least around MOS level. But BvS level of reviews is going to make this uber front loaded.

Badly reviewed movies opening to big numbers is nothing new. $100m+ OW is a big win of course, but it shows the power of characters like Joker and Harley Quinn and also tells you how big of a goldmine this would've been had the reception been stronger.

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I predicted 160m before the reviews came out. I was not expecting a classic but at least around MOS level. But BvS level of reviews is going to make this uber front loaded.

No it won't.  You're talking about reviews.  Paying customers are liking it more than they did with BvS.  

8 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Badly reviewed movies opening to big numbers is nothing new. $100m+ OW is a big win of course, but it shows the power of characters like Joker and Harley Quinn and also tells you how big of a goldmine this would've been had the reception been stronger.

This is so wrong.  You don't know what audiences are saying yet.  However, there was a lot of positive reception of it last night from the theater I was at.  So don't lump it in with BvS.

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Why would Suicide Squad open to the same as BVS when family appeal is reduced? That's a really bad prediction.