CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

GOTG was tracking in the 60s before it opened and reviews and world of mouth kept building and building right through the opening w/e then the legs.  It also was very much more a family friendly film which helps legs enormously.

Tracking also has been high on SS for a while, it's been advertised for almost a straight year and unlike GOTG when it opened it also has (non voice acting) stars.

I think Friday though will be more inflated with a larger Sat drop because of all the free T-Mobile vouchers which could only be used on a Friday.

As time goes by the front-loading has increased thanks to earlier previews, better marketing, your usual growth of social media, awareness around/habit of pre-booking online tickets, etc.

So SS shouldn't be expected to do GOTG's preview=>OD of 3.37x IMO.

7 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It'll open bigger than Gotg, but probably won't be near the total gross domestic.

ya never know. wild hogs had 14% RT and 61 Audience and ran like a MFr.  SS has 74% audience. with a 135m+ open it coukld do it.

Seeing lots of sellouts for Suicide Squad down home in Miami already, but not too many in D.C. except for theaters with limited seating. I'm thinking 16/48/112. 

Edited by Cmasterclay

I think the ratio could be something like,

15 + 30 + 34 + 26 = 105

OD = previews x 3

OW = OD x 2.33

with 15-20 previews gives previews/OD/OW of

15/45/105 (45+34+26)

20/60/140 (60+45+35) 

Edited by a2knet