Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think the huge OW for the DC films is Warner Bros' huge marketing campaign which starts almost a year before the actual release plus the characters appeals to audiences not just fanboys. I think audiences want a good DC film just they want and usually get a good Marvel film. 

Audiences do want a good DCEU film. WW will be huge if it's finally the one to deliver that. Or it will be another SS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

You're right, the franchise continues to be hurt by the toxic word of mouth. Three times now a DCEU film came out extremely front loaded. Three times now they've made 160m+ after OW due to toxic WOM (idk how you don't burst into laughter when you consider the irony of this). Also, three times now, a DCEU film has broken an OW record. Why do records keep falling from all this attrition? 

Are you seriously going to try to argue BvS making $160m+ after an $166m OW in which $81.5m came from the OD signals a WOM that isn't toxic? Lmao! Good stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys Tele's got his preferences no reason to get on him for em

Just sit back and laugh when Tele Jr loves Potter and the Marvels and calls the Star Wars OT corny and dated

I'm sure he'll love Potter. No reason for him not to. Thankfully, he really enjoys the SW OT as well. :) And, for all you Marvel loonies, we just watched CAPTAIN AMERICA together. He loved Red Skull (and he obviously loves Cap.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

To be fair, DOFP has memorial weekend help. Also, to be fair, Suicide Squad had Free Friday help. In any case, Suicide Squad will likely make about 170m after opening weekend. Its toxic WOM is nearly equivalent to the full run of Ant-Man...

Yes, and X-Men just has meh legs in general. But the point is, every movie has their own circumstances going on and time is always changing things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys Tele's got his preferences no reason to get on him for em

Just sit back and laugh when Tele Jr loves Potter and the Marvels and calls the Star Wars OT corny and dated

Potter and Marvel will be corny and dated by the time Tele Jr grows up. :ph34r:

He'll actually be a WDAS fanboy.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Are you seriously going to try to argue BvS making $160m+ after an $166m OW in which $81.5m came from the OD signals a WOM that isn't toxic? Lmao! Good stuff.

Whenever a movie is terrible and has terrible WOM with terrible legs, its fanboys always turn to HV/TV Contracts etc.  Look at the Ghostfloppers thread.

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I'm sure he'll love Potter. No reason for him not to. Thankfully, he really enjoys the SW OT as well. :) And, for all you Marvel loonies, we just watched CAPTAIN AMERICA together. He loved Red Skull (and he obviously loves Cap.)

Don't cover for the kid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Get ready Tele, you're gonna have to sit through all 13 MCU movies, AOS, and the Netflix shows (ok maybe not them)

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Well at least your son isn't Ethan, then