Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I've yet to see a CBM drop 60%+ on second weekend that people argued had good WOM. Even IM2 and IM3 avoided the 60% drop and I highly doubt most people will argue those had great WOM. 

Dark Knight Rises? X-Men DOFP? *Shrug*

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I liked AVENGERS too. :P 

If I had to break things down, I guess I don't mind "putting the team together" movies -- they're like heist movies in that regard. I find the whole cinematic universe thing kind of annoying, and I'll probably get annoyed at DC's effort whenever they finally manage to get there.

Did you ever see Ant-Man?

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I liked AVENGERS too. :P 

If I had to break things down, I guess I don't mind "putting the team together" movies -- they're like heist movies in that regard. I find the whole cinematic universe thing kind of annoying, and I'll probably get annoyed at DC's effort whenever they finally manage to get there.

Not seeing that new Han Solo movie and giving Rogue a pass huh? ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

No, I haven't. The last batch I just skipped. I might catch 'em someday on Netflix or if/when Tele Jr wants to see them.

I think you'd like Ant-Man, it has a smaller scale, good humor, and isn't too intertwined in the universe outside of the Falcon scene and ending.

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Its sequel which had Batman/WW & was seen as a TA clone or being the lead into the real TA clone in JL... Look BvS was a major disappointment. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either joking or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Yeah, people have been saying Man of Steel is a disappointment too. All that talk about BvS didn't stop Suicide Squad from breaking the August record and still on pace for 300m as well. If these three movies, averaging somewhere over 300m DOM are disappointments, what do you call the overwhelming majority of tentpole movies? Would you say the rest of Hollywood tentpoles are outright disasters of multiple orders of magnitude worse?

• Like 1

Guys Tele's got his preferences no reason to get on him for em

Just sit back and laugh when Tele Jr loves Potter and the Marvels and calls the Star Wars OT corny and dated

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

No, I haven't. The last batch I just skipped. I might catch 'em someday on Netflix or if/when Tele Jr wants to see them.

But you're missing the greatness of Luis. tumblr_o3qq5jBn9o1qiua3mo7_400.gif

Edited by Rman823

Just now, Chewy said:

Guys Tele's got his preferences no reason to get on him for em

Just sit back and laugh when Tele Jr loves Potter and the Marvels and calls the Star Wars OT corny and dated

I hope Tele Jr loves JW too. That would probably be the end of Tele.

• Like 5

Seems like a lot of schools are starting really early this year. (I thought mid August was crazy enough! I remember when California got out in June which was nice to go on vacation there in late May)

Anyway wouldn't surprise me if Petes Dragon is number one on its 3rd or 4th weekend.

I think the huge OW for the DC films is Warner Bros' huge marketing campaign which starts almost a year before the actual release plus the characters appeals to audiences not just fanboys. I think audiences want a good DC film just they want and usually get a good Marvel film. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Not seeing that new Han Solo movie and giving Rogue a pass huh? ;)

:rofl:  Well, obviously I like SW much more than Marvel, but more to the point, in ROGUE ONE you're not going to have Han Solo pop in for a few movies, and then take a detour to Tatooine to go on a mini-mission with Uncle Owen, before wrapping things up with a visit to Dagobah to get Yoda involved. (At least, I hope not.) :lol:  

Or, to flip things around a bit, if Marvel decided to make another period Captain America piece, I'd like to see it. I dig WWII-era stuff.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I think you'd like Ant-Man, it has a smaller scale, good humor, and isn't too intertwined in the universe outside of the Falcon scene and ending.

I have zero interest in ANT-MAN. But the last half of your sentence makes me even less interested.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Dark Knight Rises? X-Men DOFP? *Shrug*

To be fair, DOFP has memorial weekend help. Also, to be fair, Suicide Squad had Free Friday help. In any case, Suicide Squad will likely make about 170m after opening weekend. Its toxic WOM is nearly equivalent to the full run of Ant-Man...