WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

43 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

Maybe Morgan or LBO can build up buzz...somehow.

They need to open to at least 10M to even have a shot at coming in first (assuming DB opens to 20M)

Lol, we're at that point in the year where 10m gets you number 1 for the weekend.

• Like 3

Dang these numbers are depressing. Thinking about it, it probably wasn't more than an 8/10 for me, but that still means I really really liked it and think it deserves better. Hope it passes 50M total. Oh, and also Pete's Dragon hasn't grown on me, and as of now I think it's more of a 6/10 than the 8/10 I originally thought it was.

The most exciting box office thing that happened was I just had a dream that Spider-Man homecoming had a 104M OD. I "watched" the first 20 minutes of it in my dream and it was good as hell.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

I usually repeat myself when someone isn't paying attention. It's a fact (not a rumor) that Ike Barinholtz said the production budget for SS was $250 million. I understand why you guys dismiss what he said, I'm simply explaining why others do not.

Ike Barinholtz is an actor. He may or may not be correct. SS might have had a 250 million budget. It doesn't matter. Compared to the rest of Hollywood, it's doing great. Also, read the Mark Hughes comments on its budget. Many of these studios are just paying themselves sand have promotional partners. Tmobile and Fandango for instance helped with that first Friday.

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Dang these numbers are depressing. Thinking about it, it probably wasn't more than an 8/10 for me, but that still means I really really liked it and think it deserves better. Hope it passes 50M total. Oh, and also Pete's Dragon hasn't grown on me, and as of now I think it's more of a 6/10 than the 8/10 I originally thought it was.

The most exciting box office thing that happened was I just had a dream that Spider-Man homecoming had a 104M OD. I "watched" the first 20 minutes of it in my dream and it was good as hell.

Just a little longer my friend :popcorn:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Ike Barinholtz is an actor. He may or may not be correct. SS might have had a 250 million budget. It doesn't matter. Compared to the rest of Hollywood, it's doing great. Also, read the Mark Hughes comments on its budget. Many of these studios are just paying themselves sand have promotional partners. Tmobile and Fandango for instance helped with that first Friday.

There are also budgets before and after tax credits.  The after tax credit budget is what really hits the studio's wallet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Actors don't have a clue about budgets. The idea that some supporting actor would have specific details about a production budget, to the level where numbers from him would be believable -- is a bigger fantasy than thinking you're Batman.

• Like 16

So Ike Barinholtz....the sleezy guard in SS knows more about the budget than the execs do? 

Insert Nicolas cage laughing gif here.

• Like 5

Based on this weekend's numbers, I think the respective goals for the film's are:

Suicide Squad: Man of Steel domestic

Sausage Party: South Park adjusted

War Dogs: 45M

Ben Hur: 30M

Kubo: 50M

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Was Zendaya a redhead? :ph34r:

• Like 8

So I know this is completely random, but I remember a discussion of how GOTG2 only had Pirates of the Caribbean as bigger budget film to compete with in May and how Pirates had Memorial Day Weekend all to itself and why a studio wouldn't move one of their bigger budget films to that weekend. Well this happened a few weeks ago but apparently Sony moved their Sci-Fi thriller "Life" to that weekend. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds and is about astronauts and stuff. Will be interesting to see how that film plays out (if its any good) against Pirates. 

Any news about overseas grosses for SS?

We had some update 2 days ago, about overseas grosses being 271 million. So, that's 28 million that haven't been updated into worldwide numbers. We also don't know how much money SS made on Wednesday and Thursday overseas + money that will be made this weekend overseas.

I guess it might give a boost to foreign numbers. I predict 305-310 million overseas and 261 million domestic by the ending of this weekend. So, we would have 565-571 million worldwide. 600 million next weekend, at least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Was Zendaya a redhead? :ph34r:

Didn't see her face but it wasn't Zendaya :lol:

Obviously it was a dream so it's a bit cloudy, but it was like Peter and her were coming back from some sort of date, but the dialogue was on point. He drops her off but is abducted and taken to some facility that I think was Oscorp, where they've learned his identity as Spider Man but don't want to reveal it until they can run tests on him. He breaks out and goes to find Harry, who also knows his identity (the only one he's told other than the Avengers I guess). Harry says he doesn't know how the Oscorp scientists found out, but then Stark shows up as iron man and knocks Harry unconscious and grabs Peter saying "I just saved your life kid."

I don't know, it doesn't sound so cool once I've said it, but it was a dream, and in the moment it was pretty great.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Any news about overseas grosses for SS?

We had some update 2 days ago, about overseas grosses being 271 million. So, that's 28 million that haven't been updated into worldwide numbers. We also don't know how much money SS made on Wednesday and Thursday overseas + money that will be made this weekend overseas.

I guess it might give a boost to foreign numbers. I predict 305-310 million overseas and 261 million domestic by the ending of this weekend. So, we would have 565-571 million worldwide. 600 million next weekend, at least.

I think Deadline or Variety mentioned Lights Out crossing 100m world wide. I don't think there's anything mentioned about Suicide Squad, so probably nothing major happened yet. I guess Tarzan didn't cross 360m yet either, else I'd figure WB would mention that with Lights Out's success.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Actors don't have a clue about budgets.

That doesn't make Ike wrong or a liar. In fact, he doesn't even need a clue about budgets if he was informed of the budget by someone who does. Beyond that, how would you know to make such a blanket statement?