WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

I am not biased. Fact is that BvS had a disappointing run, awful multiplier, no doubt. But it is not a failure. It is essentially MoS 2 even if it wasn't marketed that way. Still a healthy tally, something that JLA can easily top if the film gets good reception.

SS is a different story. Critics got it wrong and the crowd clearly disagrees. For it to do near GotG numbers domestic and performing better than GotG and Deadpool overseas is a smashing success. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I am not biased. Fact is that BvS had a disappointing run, awful multiplier, no doubt. But it is not a failure. It is essentially MoS 2 even if it wasn't marketed that way. Still a healthy tally, something that JLA can easily top if the film gets good reception.

LOL.

Yes, the movie that pitted the two biggest superheroes at each other and added in Wonder Woman in her first theatrical appearance is "essentialy MOS 2".

kvKXd.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

LOL.

Yes, the movie that pitted the two biggest superheroes at each other and added in Wonder Woman in her first theatrical appearance is "essentialy MOS 2".

kvKXd.gif

Technically it was the continuation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm a traitor to the FUCK ZACK SNYDER cause. :bourne:

aMboWpSh.jpg

I've bought it today and I bet that it'll sell pretty well. Can't wait for the blu-rays for Captain America: Civil War and Suicide Squad tho. 

:DI was never a part of it. 

PHnGs7K.jpg

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

Idk why DCEU fans cling to that fact when in all reality that number should be higher considering Superman is the most recongized superhero in history and none of his movies ever went over 700 million, BvS threw every justice league member in there with 2 iconic villians and couldn't even surpass 900 million worldwide and suicide squad basically marketed 2 iconic villains and had will smith front and center with Batman and Flash cameos and its basically turtle racing to 700 million worldwide. 

It doesn't matter how well known Superman is. Most people, despite being aware of him, think that he's a cornball. Period. 

2 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It doesn't matter how well known Superman is. Most people, despite being aware of him, think that he's a cornball. Period. 

THIS is why more of the new generation likes Cavil superman.The older generation is holding on to Donner's superman a lil too much.

33 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

SS is a different story. Critics got it wrong and the crowd clearly disagrees. For it to do near GotG numbers domestic and performing better than GotG and Deadpool overseas is a smashing success. 

How can the critics "get it wrong" when all they're doing is giving their opinion? There's also considerable disagreement among "the crowd". 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

THIS is why more of the new generation likes Cavil superman.The older generation is holding on to Donner's superman a lil too much.

Agreed. Personally, I like the aesthetic of this new Superman and also his personality, but I wish that he were more assertive and sure of himself. When I think of Superman, I think of him as portrayed in Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimted; in each of these series, he is noble and kind-hearted yet still assertive and aggressive when necessary - he's perfect. Cavill's Superman has his heart in the right place and means well but is too unsure of himself, short on words, and a little too aggressive at times (fly-tackling the African war lord through a wall and attempting to take Batman's head off with a haymaker despite not knowing the limits of Batman's armor and that he himself had just been weakened by Kryptonite). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

How can the critics "get it wrong" when all they're doing is giving their opinion? There's also considerable disagreement among "the crowd". 

They're always wrong :sadben:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Going to guess Tuesday numbers.

1. Suicide Squad: $2.2m
  2. Sausage Party: $2m
  3. War Dogs: $1.7m
  4. Kubo: $1.4m
  5. Pete's Dragon: $1.3m
  6. Ben Hur: $1m
  7. Bad Moms: $900k
  8. Jason Bourne: $800k
  9. Secret Life of Pets: $700k
  10. FFJ: $550k

What about Monday's numbers? Have they been revealed in this thread?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

That's will be a good number.Hopefully it can do 10mil this week.

I feel 10 is too much of an ask considering every week business is shifting from weekdays to weekends. 8-8.5 likely imo.

2.1(-66%)+2.6(+24%)+1.8(-31%)+1.6(-9%)=8.1

If Mon is 2.2, same % will give 8.5

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Neither are financial failures - even if WB expected more from BvS it's still a money maker.

But MOS2  :rofl:

It's not performing better than GOTG and Deadpool O/S.  Best case scenario it hits $700m WW.  $670-680m is more likely.  That's about $100m less WW than GOTG and DP. ($773m & $783m)

Since we were talking about DVD sales and topping the charts -  BVS's prices have already dropped to $14.99 for the Ultimate BR Edition and $9.99 for the DVD on Amazon.   Similarly, MOS was down to $9.99-$12.99 a month after release as well.   That's one way to move a lot of units.  :rock:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS2  :rofl:

It's not performing better than GOTG and Deadpool O/S.  Best case scenario it hits $700m WW.  $670-680m is more likely.  That's about $100m less WW than GOTG and DP. ($773m & $783m)

GOTG was released in China. SS wasn't. GOTG made 95 million in China.

GOTG made 773 million worldwide. Without China's numbers ( - 95 million ), GOTG would have made 678 million worldwide. So, let's see if SS makes 678 million worldwide. 

I guess the best analogy would be Deadpool, that didn't get a China release. Comparing SS numbers to GOTG numbers, isn't fair. 

It is essentially MoS 2 even if it wasn't marketed that way. Still a healthy tally, something that JLA can easily top if the film gets good reception.

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS2  :rofl:

It was as much a MOS2 as CACW was CA3 , both used too many characters and new debuts for it to be a movie about a single character , in other words , no it wasn't.

SS is a different story.For it to do near GotG numbers domestic and performing better than GotG and Deadpool overseas is a smashing success. 

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

SS numbers are in no way doing better than deadpool , but it did much better than GOTG in some overseas markets ( where it got in a couple of days what GOTG got in it's entire run ). I believe at the end of the day SS will be so close to GOTG's WW total if not even a little higher if we remove China. You have to remember SS is getting those numbers overseas without the second biggest market being a part of it's gross. GOTG got 96+M from china remove that and it's WW total will be 677M WW , a number that is very much in the reach for SS and it might even out gross it.

• Like 1

Superman is boring. And well covered. You can't do better films than Supes I and II. New version sucked. Then you had Smallville. Superman isn't a massive draw now. Not on Batman, Spidey, IM level. Same director, story picks off where MoS ended, it is a pumped up sequel. 330m is a healthy total. JLA ought to do better.

Yes, SS is performing better than GotG and Deadpool overseas. It won't reach their tally due to China, but if you take China away it is slightly ahead of both films.