WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

WAR DOGS budget is 40-50m according to Deadline and THR.

Not that high for a Todd Phillip film starring Jonah Hill.

I think it will do >15 over the OW and >50 DOM.

Could manage that much OS too.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

WAR DOGS budget is 40-50m according to Deadline and THR.

Not that high for a Todd Phillip film starring Jonah Hill.

I think it will do >15 over the OW and >50 DOM.

Could manage that much OS too.

It's gonna make zilch overseas and all likelihood. Comedies are always tough sells outside of America.

Just now, filmlover said:

Btw the first Hangover actually cost $45M and that was set to be a dumped release at one point so I guess this is par the course for Philips. 

It's success was one of the main reasons for the WB regime turnover.  Alan Horn didn't like it or its crude tone for WB and when it hit huge he was deemed out of touch and too old. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

I was reading through IMDb trivia for The Hangover and apparently Lindsay Lohan turned down a part cause she thought it would bomb. lol

Lohan has never made good decisions so thats no surprise. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 3

Just now, ThatOneWardog said:

I was reading through IMDb trivia for The Hangover and apparently Lindsay Lohan turned down a part cause she thought it would bomb. lol

Lindsay Lohan hasn't actually been cast in anything since 2007 so...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's success was one of the main reasons for the WB regime turnover.  Alan Horn didn't like it or its crude tone for WB and when it hit huge he was deemed out of touch and too old. 

And now Alan Horn works at Disney, which has somehow become WB's rival. Funny how that works.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yeah,they didn't try to cast the right actors for the flim plus the trailers made it look uninteresting.

I think the movie looks awful, but it's always worth trying to put yourself in the mindset of when the movie was greenlit (you've got a script and some talent attached), as opposed to now, when there's a trailer, tracking, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

And now Alan Horn works at Disney, which has somehow become WB's rival. Funny how that works.

Aside from the obvious Marvel v. DC wars, there's also that weird obsession they both have with remaking animated Disney movies into live action films.  Except Disney is like that one sibling that can get all A's on their homework while WB tries to copy off their work but misses a few key problems and gets poor grades.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

The fact that Lindsay Lohan has ever been in a position to turn down roles is what is astonishing to me, to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

LORD OF WAR cost 42m in 2005. 50m doesn't seem that unreasonable. 

Jonah Hill, Miles Teller and Bradley Cooper aren't cheap either likewise Todd Phillips. 

I imagine WB aren't expecting huge numbers for WD but ancillary revenues will eventually make it profitable

• Like 2