Thegun

Thegun's 50 Worst Sequels Ever Made (#15)

On 8/25/2016 at 3:25 PM, Thegun said:

Lol, Well I can easily rip apart TDK and how it's the worst of the trilogy.  It's all about perspective. Hearing how realistic TDK is almost vomit inducing. But no,  Nolan's films will not be making an appearance on this list. I'm at 50.  Couple hours of work and then we should be good to go. 

TDKR is easily my favorite in the trilogy. And I like BB and TDK about the same.

On 8/26/2016 at 8:11 PM, Thegun said:

47. Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (2002)

Quite Possibly the most forgettable blockbuster ever made. If thousands of fans were frustrated everyone was left going "wah? afterwards. This is the film that gave us "Hate-in Christensen" As said earlier.  It's not a an awful film, but it tests everything you have to offer. A Star Wars film at its worst deserves at least something. You need to be in the top 10 of the year. You dropped the ball really horribly here.

This was my favorite movie of all time when it came out, it has major flaws and maybe the worst on screen romance in history, but it's better than TPM. has an awesome battle, and Obi-Wan is cool. yeah it's a bit boring now, but it's far from forgettable, from a 11 year-old's perspective anyways. the score alone is reason enough not to hate the movie.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 9:00 PM, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Agreed @Porthos

That scene gets so much flak for being awkward and silly, but as you said, Anakin is awkward.  He has no idea what to say to Padme, no idea how to be romantic, no idea how to express what he's feeling so he says something stupid.  This is well written by Lucas because he nails what it's like to be young and inexperienced and in love.  You never come across as a Romeo, you end up doing exactly what Anakin does in that scene.  

I never thought of it as that way, gives me a new perspective, I need to rewatch now.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 4:52 PM, Water Bottle said:

I liked Dead Man's Chest. Granted I haven't seen it in years but...

Dead Man's Chest is definitely my favorite Pirates sequel. but it's still miles below the first.

21 hours ago, Thegun said:

37. Jurassic World (2015) (Not so Fast TLW and III)

I'm going to be honest. All three Jurassic Park sequels are a major step down from classic original. For instance The Lost World has Vince Vaughn during his awful "drama period" and the raptor kicking 10 year old.  But it still has the canon, and for it's worth Spielberg put together some suspense and some well put together action sequences.  Jurassic Park III is the best of the sequels, but it also has Tea Leoni, and such a hilariously awful ending.  But I give it credit for being a simple chase film.  It's light and brisk and knows when to call it quits. Jurassic World is even worst because it steals from both sequels, but has the 14 years of buildup, and the freshly hot Chris Patt who is already wearing out his good will from Guardians.  I'll admit there is some joy in the Flying dinosaur rampage.  But for every cool sequence there is a "Why not just push the self destruct button that all the dinosaurs apparently have"  I just can't get passed Terrorist killing Raptors, and this so called unstoppable "New Dinosaur" that is killed by a T-Rex, when in fact the best scene in III has the T-Rex getting owned by the much more impressive Spinosaurus. Sure you can argue it was 3 on 1 here, but seeing a T-Rex get it's neck popped was much much cooler, and done early in the film. The kids are awful, and Pratt and Howard are paper thin characters. It adds a little Meta humor to appreciate. All three sequels are guilty of that though. And the effects 14 years later aren't any better than the others, and some noticeably worse. I think it's safe to say that Jurassic World is a rough pill to swallow, that gets less flack because lesser sequels are more and more the commonplace. I'm suppose to be excited that they rip off the Alien's ambush camera sequence not once, but two times in the film. This film should have been much better. Hell I remember the humanoid Dinosaur script, in retrospect it probably would have been better. The Simpsons probably made the best sequel in their Itchy and Scratchy Land episode. Oh and please bash me over the head with John William's score.  I mean, I know you realize your score is going to be picked apart.  But at least try.  Harry Potter and Superman found decent alternatives.

"Ok Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort? Oh come on! Bort?"

"Mommy, Mommy, buy me a license plate.   No, Come Along Bort"

"Excuse me are you talking to me?"

"No! My son is also named Bort"

Best Scene:  The audience watching the crazy water dinosaur literally eats Spielberg's other dead franchise shit and they cheer it on. Honorable mention for the guy that double fists his drinks as he runs in terror.  Man understands the ridiculous high prices of drinks at parks.

Worst Scene: Older brother awkwardly staring at multiple girls throughout the film (How is that worst then Easy Rider through the jungle with Raptors, just look at the sentence I just wrote)

No. 

• Like 5

• Community Manager
42 minutes ago, Kalo said:

This was my favorite movie of all time when it came out, it has major flaws and maybe the worst on screen romance in history, but it's better than TPM. has an awesome battle, and Obi-Wan is cool. yeah it's a bit boring now, but it's far from forgettable, from a 11 year-old's perspective anyways. the score alone is reason enough not to hate the movie.

Better than TPM?

Ignoring that TPM was my ANH in that it was the first time a movie had really captured my imagination (seriously, I remember I would think what could possibly happen in Episode II in the car months after seeing TPM and this before I even knew about Episode IV-VI) but as a huge Star Wars fan....AOTC is weak. Seriously, I remember once after Episode II thinking about what would happen next after Episode I then remembering Episode II might have actually happened and after debating if it was a bad dream or or not, deciding it must have happened because of the arena fight. I literally didn't remember anything else and I was like 11.

In fact, it wasn't until I saw it as an adult, that I was finally able to remember the story. Before then when I was a teen/pre-teen and no matter how many times I saw AOTC, it just wouldn't stick with me. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Better than TPM?

Ignoring that TPM was my ANH in that it was the first time a movie had really captured my imagination (seriously, I remember I would think what could possibly happen in Episode II in the car months after seeing TPM and this before I even knew about Episode IV-VI) but as a huge Star Wars fan....AOTC is weak. Seriously, I remember once after Episode II thinking about what would happen next after Episode I then remembering Episode II might have actually happened and after debating if it was a bad dream or or not, deciding it must have happened because of the arena fight. I literally didn't remember anything else and I was like 11.

In fact, it wasn't until I saw it as an adult, that I was finally able to remember the story. Before then when I was a teen/pre-teen and no matter how many times I saw AOTC, it just wouldn't stick with me. :lol:

TPM is super boring to me now when I try to re-watch it. AOTC has parts that are, but I still find lots of scene very entertaining with clones, TPM got me into liking Star Wars but, AOTC made me a fanatic (Which I grow out of thankfully well to an extant). I agree Attack of the Clones is pretty weak when compared to the top 5 star wars films (I give Ep III-VII all 10/10, TPM AND AOTC are 7s) AOTC came out at a very lonely time in my life, I kind of latched on to the film, it's probably the most personal star wars movie to me to be honest. 

Edited by Kalo

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

TPM is super boring to me now when I try to re-watch it. AOTC has parts that are, but I still find lots of scene very entertaining with clones, TPM got me into liking Star Wars but, AOTC made me a fantastic (Which I grow out of thankfully well to an extant). I agree Attack of the Clones is pretty weak when compared to the top 5 star wars films (I give Ep III-VII all 10/10, TPM AND AOTC are 7s) AOTC came out at a very lonely time in my life, I kind of latched on to the film, it's probably the most personal star wars movie to me to be honest. 

I still find TPM to be a lot of fun and AOTC to be a mixed-bag. But sure I guess I could understand why it means so much to you.

• Like 1

Curious to see the rest of the top but a bit puzzled!

Pretty sure there are easily more than 40 sequels that are worse than Jurassic World/Dead Man's Chest/Godfather Part III in the history of cinema :rofl:

They're far from being masterpieces but this doesn't get even close to compare to movies like Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, Dumb and Dumberer, endless unnecessary horror movie sequels, or, you know, actual trash movies :ph34r: 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Pretty sure there are easily more than 40 sequels that are worse than Jurassic World/Dead Man's Chest/Godfather Part III in the history of cinema :rofl:

They're far from being masterpieces but this doesn't get even close to compare to movies like Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, Dumb and Dumberer, endless unnecessary horror movie sequels, or, you know, actual trash movies :ph34r: 

There's an even "worse" SW sequel than AOTC.

star-wars-the-clone-wars-the-movie.14870

(The movie not the TV series before SW fans jump in.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

The list is not only about the quality of the sequel but it's drop off in quality from the original.  Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 while garbage is barely more garbage-y that the first.

That said JW is junk and all the SW prequels suck. :rock:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

The list is not only about the quality of the sequel but it's drop off in quality from the original.  Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 while garbage is barely more garbage-y that the first.

That said JW is junk and all the SW prequels suck. :rock:

Fair enough, I'll just pretend the title is "Most disappointing sequels ever made", in which case, so far it applies 100%