Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

https://www.cinemaclock.com/bri/vancouver/movies/the-light-between-oceans-2016/reviews

https://www.cinemaclock.com/ont/woodstock/movies/morgan-2016/reviews

(not sure why one is from Vancouver and one is from Woodstock that's just where the links took me when I googled them).

Anyways not sure if reliable, but there seem to be people who have seen and reviews (granted these are not critics) last weekend's openers. Morgan's only got 3 reviews but they seem to be positive (didn't read the spoiler heavy one) and LightBetween Oceans there seems to be a general consensus that the movie is solid overall but same some glaring pacing issues. Wonder how it'll affect next weekend as a whole.

Both of next weekend's openers are being pretty much dumped by their studios. Fully expecting sub-$10M 4-day openings each.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Star Wars whatever harrison ford han solo oh well

Sequel's gonna decrease anyways.

But is it?

Spoiler

I also bet it will, but you probably think it will drop to 100M or so while in reality it will do low 300M.

Alright guys, we can't let Bourne get a sequel.  BEYOND WILL GET ONE.  Lin is god.  We can't have false gods like Bluegrass taking away Lin's POWAH.  IT'S TIME TO SABOTAGEEEEEEEEEEEE THE CHANCES FOR A BOURNE SEQUEL.  WE NEED HEAVY ARTILLERLY AND KIM JONG UN LEAKING UNIVERSAL'S EMAILS.  LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

tumblr_nzcznstX8d1qiu5xgo1_500.gif

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Star Wars whatever harrison ford han solo oh well

Sequel's gonna decrease anyways.

It could decrease.....but just by a little. That Madagascar 2/Cloudy 2/ Rio 2-drop.

MAD1 ($193M) ----> MAD2 ($180M) = $13M difference

Cloudy 1 ($124M ----> Cloudy 2 ($119M) = $5M differemce

Rio 1 ($143M) ----> Rio 2 ($131M) = $11M difference

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Jesus Christ, that's a huge jump for Jason Bourne.

38 minutes ago, MrPink said:

61% jump? But 33% theater loss :kitschjob:

@Sam @WrathOfHan

Wasn't it going to get IMAX because Ben Hur was such a flop?

I'm pissed that Beyond never got IMAX.  Not just for the Box Office, I wanted to see it in IMAX.

19 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Alright guys, we can't let Bourne get a sequel.  BEYOND WILL GET ONE.  Lin is god.  We can't have false gods like Bluegrass taking away Lin's POWAH.  IT'S TIME TO SABOTAGEEEEEEEEEEEE THE CHANCES FOR A BOURNE SEQUEL.  WE NEED HEAVY ARTILLERLY AND KIM JONG UN LEAKING UNIVERSAL'S EMAILS.  LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

tumblr_nzcznstX8d1qiu5xgo1_500.gif

I want Beyond to get a sequel.  I think it was the better movie, although I thought both were fun.  It came out at a bad time and had incompetent marketing, so Paramount has only itself to blame, and I don't think we should have to suffer for it.

But I'd watch a Bourne sequel, too, if and only if it were Matt Damon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

Wasn't it going to get IMAX because Ben Hur was such a flop?

I'm pissed that Beyond never got IMAX.  Not just for the Box Office, I wanted to see it in IMAX.

I want Beyond to get a sequel.  I think it was the better movie, although I thought both were fun.  It came out at a bad time and had incompetent marketing, so Paramount has only itself to blame, and I don't think we should have to suffer for it.

But I'd watch a Bourne sequel, too, if and only if it were Matt Damon.

Beyond was in IMAX, for 2 weeks. :sadben:

• Like 2

DORY is not an original animation and had record previews for an animation, but will still have a similar multiplier at par with SLOP.

481m dom will give DORY 3.56x.

371.5m dom will give SLOP 3.56x.

Not taking away from SLOP, but feel DORY's late run and great weekdays (hidden from weekend threads) seems to have given a skewed impression of it's legs.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1