DAJK

Weekend Actuals: Sully 35M, WTBB 14.2M, DB 8.25M, SS 5.72M

Had 2 older women come and see Sully and one of them was one of the worst customers I've dealt with in a while.

She comes up to the concession and points to the miss peregrine standee we have up on the top ledge and was like "so are you just waiting until I walk by so you can drop that on me?" I thought she was joking until she glares at me saying "am I right? You know that would kill me."

Her friend just tells her not to worry and she orders the tickets for them. Then she asks for a small popcorn and this lady just gets so mad at me "Are you trying to harm her now? Hoping she chokes on your popcorn? Not while we're standing right here of course because you don't want any trouble. Better when you're far, far away."

I stayed more or less quiet, knowing this lady wanted a fight and nothing I said would help. She picks up one of the dill pickle flavourings and is like "what is this? If I inhale this the wrong way I would suffocate." Her friend was pretty annoyed with her at this point so just talked overtop of her "and a small coke."

As I was getting it this lady was like. "She doesnt have diabetes if that was what you were hoping for." After they left I told my manager about it and he said shes been here before, but I guess I haven't seen her before. It was extremely weird.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had 2 older women come and see Sully and one of them was one of the worst customers I've dealt with in a while.

She comes up to the concession and points to the miss peregrine standee we have up on the top ledge and was like "so are you just waiting until I walk by so you can drop that on me?" I thought she was joking until she glares at me saying "am I right? You know that would kill me."

Her friend just tells her not to worry and she orders the tickets for them. Then she asks for a small popcorn and this lady just gets so mad at me "Are you trying to harm her now? Hoping she chokes on your popcorn? Not while we're standing right here of course because you don't want any trouble. Better when you're far, far away."

I stayed more or less quiet, knowing this lady wanted a fight and nothing I said would help. She picks up one of the dill pickle flavourings and is like "what is this? If I inhale this the wrong way I would suffocate." Her friend was pretty annoyed with her at this point so just talked overtop of her "and a small coke."

As I was getting it this lady was like. "She doesnt have diabetes if that was what you were hoping for." After they left I told my manager about it and he said he knows her, she used to come occasionally years ago but they haven't seen her in a while until now. 

She cray cray.

Image result for tyra laser gif

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

As I was getting it this lady was like. "She doesnt have diabetes if that was what you were hoping for." After they left I told my manager about it and he said he knows her, she used to come occasionally years ago but they haven't seen her in a while until now. 

It could be medical.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, trifle said:

It could be medical.

That is true, and I would completely understand of course. If it is I don't want it to sound like I'm making fun of her. It was kind of frustrating in the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I exaggerate. Though, when even one person claps after a movie, I wanna die on their behalf.

Never watch a movie in SoCal in that case, audiences applaud after most movies here. Only a couple of times that I haven't heard applause following a movie - which is when you know that movie is pretty much done for.

Just now, grim22 said:

Never watch a movie in SoCal in that case, audiences applaud after most movies here. Only a couple of times that I haven't heard applause following a movie - which is when you know that movie is pretty much done for.

That's crazy to me. I've heard plenty of scattered applause in NYC over the years, but it's certainly not a regular occurrence and it's never collective.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

That is true, and I would completely understand of course. If it is I don't want it to sound like I'm making fun of her. It was kind of frustrating in the moment.

Of course it would be.

When I was a kid I woke up with a helicopter searchlight coming in my bedroom window and hearing a man's voice on a loudspeaker  repeating over and over 'come out of the house with your hands up!'.   I snuck to the livingroom window, avoiding being seen and saw that a SWAT truck was pulled up near a neighbor's house across the street and a little downhill from us so I could see everything.  There were officers in SWAT gear with automatic weapons crouched below the neighbor's wall all around the house.  The neighbors came out in their pajamas and nightgowns and the SWAT team surrounded them.

The next day I learned from the girl who lived in that house that the old lady in the house one over from them had called the police and had said that there had been shooting from their house, and that a bullet had lodged in the wall of her house.  Apparently, on investigation, she had made false calls like this repeatedly, but they have to wipe the record every ninety days from some sort of procedure to make sure they don't miss a real call about violence because someone had called 'wolf' before.  It was sad, though.  The old lady's son ended up coming in from out of town and taking her somewhere and selling the house, and we all felt guilty because all the kids in the neighborhood had called her house 'the witch's house' because she used to yell awful things at us when we went by.

That just occurred to me when I read your post, because no one logical could think what she was saying was anything but obnoxious.  I didn't mean to make you feel like you did anything wrong.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy Has Malaria said:

Sully was about 40-50% full at my theater today and had huge applause at the end.  WoM is gonna be through the roof.  I wouldn't rule out a 5x at this point.

If you google it you come up with all of these articles with survivors telling about their experience and about how much of a hero they think Sully is.  One of them said that when she watched the film what really struck her was how accurate the sounds were.  When the geese hit the engines it really sounded like that.  When the plane hit the water it really kind of 'groaned' like that.  I'm seeing it tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to it -- and I had been on the fence about whether to see it in the theater or wait until it was out digitally.

1 hour ago, James said:

Ok, don't laugh at me for not knowing, but from what movie is the gif in your description? It looks strangely familiar. 

The Magnificent Seven, the original, which was an American remake of Seven Samurai

• Like 1