efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Kinda like the Hunger Games series, huh? Sure, J-Law is big now, but like what is Josh Hutcherson up to and the other guy who was in the love triangle?

That other guy just played the lead in the Independence Day sequel. They thought he would be a good substitute for Will Smith. Laugh's on them.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That other guy just played the lead in the Independence Day sequel. They thought he would be a good substitute for Will Smith. Laugh's on them.

:lol:

He was in it? Are you sure? I don't remember that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

:lol:

He was in it? Are you sure? I don't remember that.

He's also in the Dressmaker with Kate Winslet that just came out here.  (It was pretty much made for and released in Australia, where he is from.)   I don't know if he has more work in the pipeline, though.  Hutcherson has been in / is in some films I can't call to mind, and I think he just had a tv series picked up.

I'd frankly rather have Liam Hemsworth than Edgarton opposite Jennifer Lawrence in her upcoming Red Sparrow, though, particularly if they plan to turn it into a franchise using the three books in the series.  I understand Edgarton is a fantastic actor, but if they are going for her Hunger Games following, they should remember that they are used to having eye candy along with Jen.

I mean Bogart always had pretty female leads..... 

Anyhow, I don't think those actors are as bad as some here do.

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Man, for as big as the Twilight movies were, they seem to have done no favors for any of its young stars (aside from KStew, duh), did they? Kellan Lutz was quickly sent from big Hollywood movies to the DTV market overnight, and Lautner is now doing Adam Sandler movies and Ryan Murphy shows. And I can't even tell you what anyone else is up to. The only people continuing to get consistent work from that franchise are the ones who were already established beforehand (KStew, Dakota Fanning, and all of the major grown up players).

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Kinda like the Hunger Games series, huh? Sure, J-Law is big now, but like what is Josh Hutcherson up to and the other guy who was in the love triangle?

Just like Star wars. Ford, Hamill and Fisher didn't get anywhere after all that exposure.

Happens with franchise actors

• Like 1

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Just like Star wars. Ford, Hamill and Fisher didn't get anywhere after all that exposure.

Happens with franchise actors

I'm sorry did you just say HARRISON FUCKING FORD got nowhere after being in Star Wars? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

YES!  FINALLY, A FILM THAT DIDNT FLOP THAT I WAS STANNING FOR.

@MrPink Sucks to be you still with the curse.  If Girl on the Train hits 30M next week, it's gone and you're still with it.  AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :) 

:sadben:

Rogue One and La La Land are DOOMED

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I Might Not Be A Curse said:

YES!  FINALLY, A FILM THAT DIDNT FLOP THAT I WAS STANNING FOR.

@MrPink Sucks to be you still with the curse.  If Girl on the Train hits 30M next week, it's gone and you're still with it.  AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :) 

I'm keeping expectations in check with 25 million for Girl on the Train. If it were to get above 30. lkxj5.gif