efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol good luck.

Btw it's directed by Jared Hess of Napoleon Dynamite. How hard was that fall into total career irrelevancy (everything after Nacho Libre from him has barely received a theatrical release).

Not surprised. Hess isn't a very good director. I expect that upcoming Shanghai Dawn movie to be doomed because he's directing it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Not surprised. Hess isn't a very good director. I expect that upcoming Shanghai Dawn movie to be doomed because he's directing it.

HOLD THE FUCK UP. :bourne:

That's a real thing? 

Edited by MrPink

Wonder how well or not well a Harambe movie would do if it came out today. On the one hand, we are way too close to the event, but on the other hand Harambe has become viral on the Internet rn, and will probably die down pretty soon.

Either way, we now know that if Lionsgate distributed it, it would have a 150M budget and bomb horribly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That's a real thing? 

Believe it or not, they're still trying to get it made, but other then Chan and Wilson nobody else has actually signed-up, so it's still technically in development hell, and might not actually get made.

Crazy, I know!

• Like 1

Lionsgate really has an issue with weighing budgets vs potential earnings. Just this year:

Divergent - Allegiant: $111mil B, $66mil D, $179mil WW

God of Egypt: $140mil B, $31mil $31mil D, $150mil WW

Mechanic - Resurrection: $40mil B, $21mil D, $56mil WW

Their upcoming Power Rangers movie has a $150mil budget, which is pretty close to the Marvel/DC superhero and other genuine blockbuster budgets for movies but has significantly less franchise potential. That's insane for a property that has one of its main appeals being the fun tv-budget looks to go along with it's absurd entertainment value.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That's a real thing? 

if they can make a way-too-late sequel to a movie people kinda liked they will

(i always forget those 2 shanghai movies exist til someone mentions them)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

Lionsgate really has an issue with weighing budgets vs potential earnings. Just this year:

Divergent - Allegiant: $111mil B, $66mil D, $179mil WW

God of Egypt: $140mil B, $31mil $31mil D, $150mil WW

Mechanic - Resurrection: $40mil B, $21mil D, $56mil WW

Their upcoming Power Rangers movie has a $150mil budget, which is pretty close to the Marvel/DC superhero and other genuine blockbuster budgets for movies but has significantly less franchise potential. That's insane for a property that has one of its main appeals being the fun tv-budget looks to go along with it's absurd entertainment value.

It's also going to be completely awesome to see that take on Power Rangers, seriously, bless them for making it. It'll flop gloriously of course but it will be for a good cause!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

if they can make a way-too-late sequel to a movie people kinda liked they will

(i always forget those 2 shanghai movies exist til someone mentions them)

I kinda loved those two movies :ph34r:

Donnie Yen vs Jackie Chan was great, no matter how short and sweet it was. And don't forget CIA guy/Littlefinger with a rad sword duel with Jackie Chan

• Like 3